PaulineE
(Member)
'LolCasanova' wrote:

I've booked! I'm going on Sep 19th now 😃 How much money do you think we should change up, Martin?

I'm going on Sept 19th as well!

Pauline

Lain
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I have just come back from my 1st trip to Kenya. It was great. Our age range was 39 to over 70. I am 42 and all mixed really well. I only spent £250 but it depends on how much you plan to buy really in wood carvings, pictures etc. I was thinking of the all inclusive but glad I didn't. You are in a different part of the hotel which is linked but would be seperated and also, you don't really need it as only need lunch and drinks each day. Noone did that option on our tour so does dend if only a couple of others doing it. The drinks aren't that expensive, lager was approx £2.50 for a pint bottle and wine £3 I think and cocktails around that too. There is a Barclays Bank a couple of buildings up from the Travellers Beach so you can sort money easy enough there although you need money at Aruba Lodge as they don't change. You only need drinks paying for there though and there is a little shop. I just took English for the trips and Kenya money, a few took gollars but don't need to.

By the way, it was a great holiday!

Kazz1
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Lain' wrote:

Hi

I have just come back from my 1st trip to Kenya. It was great. Our age range was 39 to over 70. I am 42 and all mixed really well. I only spent £250 but it depends on how much you plan to buy really in wood carvings, pictures etc. I was thinking of the all inclusive but glad I didn't. You are in a different part of the hotel which is linked but would be seperated and also, you don't really need it as only need lunch and drinks each day. Noone did that option on our tour so does dend if only a couple of others doing it. The drinks aren't that expensive, lager was approx £2.50 for a pint bottle and wine £3 I think and cocktails around that too. There is a Barclays Bank a couple of buildings up from the Travellers Beach so you can sort money easy enough there although you need money at Aruba Lodge as they don't change. You only need drinks paying for there though and there is a little shop. I just took English for the trips and Kenya money, a few took gollars but don't need to.

By the way, it was a great holiday!

So glad you enjoyed it and I wonder if you would be kind enough to answer me a question or two.... I am hooked what would you reccomend to take and what did you take and not use.......ie what would you take again? and what addon's trip were there? I know its all individual choice but I am trying to squash down my "organise/in control self" but its hard........:rolleyes:

Kazz1
  • (Member)
(Member)
Ahhh pressed send before finishing.......Animals I need info on the reason for the trip the animals what did you see.......and the Co Op did you go?
Lain
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

Sorry for the delay on this, missed it! I took vest tops & shorts for the safari and then just a couple of shirts to wear when went out early or was out late on the safari, although didn't use, still wise to take something though in case catch sun or if do feel cold a bit. Mind you could always travel in that so another item not to pack. I just took a pair of walking trainers for on the safari and actually travelled in those so didn't need to pack. Then for the evenings at 1st hotel, just took 1 pair of bottoms with 2 tops & a dress with a lightweight cardy & sandals that went with all outfits, then a bikini and small bottle toiletries/suncream. I put all that in softbag and worked out well. At the next hotel took just had shorts and more vests so similar but a bit more smart for the evenings. To be honest, don't think overdid packing and used everything except firstaid stuff but would still take that type of stuff. Wet wipes are popular and take enough repellant as noone suffered with bites luckily. I took an iron and the other person I shared with at 1st hotel took hairdyer but you rent dryers from reception at both if not in rooms I believe. I then put everything in the 1 case coming back.

You will receive excursion list before go but there was an all day Dolphin trip, a 12hr day really. A morning trip on Mombasa city tour & Haller Wildlife Park in afternoon although we all did Haller Park oursleves as the rep sorted a taxi. She also arranged a trip to orphanage for those that wanted to go for a few hours. On the same day as dolphin trip there was another trip to Marine park but not such a long day then there was a few evenign trips on Dhow boats. All were popular, just depends what interests you.

You don't need adapters as same plugs as us :)

Anything else don't hesitate to ask, I won't take as long to respond next time hopefully!

You will love it!