sjbardoe
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Having just returned from Egypt on a singles holiday which turned out to be just three of us,one who spent all day at the bar and the other one who didn't come out of her room, I'm a bit wary of these singles holidays! I'm just 64 and just wanting to travel with like minded people. Will give Just You a go I think and see if the exterience is any better!:thumbup:
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi sjbardoe,

Sorry to hear that you had such a poor experience - I won't ask which company you travelled with.

http://www.justyou.co.uk/lesley-interview/ .

If you have any questions about any of our tours why not post a message on the community - our members are fantastic at sharing some hints and tips for particular tours, Olly can tell you how many people have booked and you may even find a fellow traveller who is on the tour you are looking at.

Kindest regards

Julia

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
WELCOME TO THE COMMUNITY BOARDS.

What a horrid time you have had. I can assure you that if you give JY a go you will not find yourself in that situation again. I am Cindy so if you click on the link above in Julia's post that is my feelings on video about my travels with JY.

The holidays are very well run and you mix very quickley with the group of people. I have met a nice couple of ladies on these tours who I some times buddy up with on tours or I travel on my own. Very safe and great fun holidays. If there is anything you need to know just ask away, some one will have an answer for you.

Good Luck

Cindy

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Remember on one of my JY trips a fellow traveller had a similar experience with another company and thats why they had switched to using JY.

Its my understanding that JY have a minimum and maximum number for each holiday, if not enough people will cancel rather than letting people have a bad holiday like happend to you. Saying that from what I see is that the holidays are more likely to fill.

I've done 4 trips so far and the lowest number of people was 18 with the highest 45.

Hope this helps.

Mick

janeyalan
(Member)
'sjbardoe' wrote:

Having just returned from Egypt on a singles holiday which turned out to be just three of us,one who spent all day at the bar and the other one who didn't come out of her room, I'm a bit wary of these singles holidays! I'm just 64 and just wanting to travel with like minded people. Will give Just You a go I think and see if the exterience is any better!:thumbup:

Have now done 3 JY trips all great, lowest number was 9, but a very sociable group, Give JY a try I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Warren
  • (Member)
(Member)
'sjbardoe' wrote:

sjb I highly reccomend a Discovery weekend, I recently went on one to Swindon. Even without doing that, you can phone "Just You" and they will tell you how many people will be on your chosen trip. In February 2012 I am going on my first holiday, I already know that there will be 28 people on this trip. I am optimistic !

LovelyLesley1
(Member)
Hi SJ (bit formal I know)

Wow - how awful. What can I say. Please, please don't let this one bad experience put you off going on holiday. You would be missing out on so much. We on here welcome you and hope to remedy the situation.

Everyone going on a Just You holiday may start off on their own but that will not be for long. Your tour manager will take really good care of you, make sure you are included (even if you are shy) and solve any problems you may have. I can assure you that you will be safe (very important for ladies). The age range varies depending on what type of holiday you fancy, but you know this is never a problem. The one thing we all have in common is that we like going on holiday...

There is bound to be something to suit you, so go for it. There is a wonderful world out there just waiting for you to see. You won't look back - I promise. The one thing I can assure you is that you will have a much better time than the one you just had - now that really is worth thinking about - because Just You do not run a holiday if there is not enough people booked on it.

Have a great holiday. Don't forget to let us know where you are going.

Be happy,

Best wishes,

Lesley

:angel:

sjbardoe
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for your reply. Have taken the plunge and booked for South Africa for October 2012
wardal
  • (Member)
(Member)
'sjbardoe' wrote:

Thanks for your reply. Have taken the plunge and booked for South Africa for October 2012

Dear SJ

Is the Africa one the 'Magic of Kenya' one on 10th October ??? If so will see you there as I am going to book this up in the new year - This will be my first time !

Take Care

Amanda

Gillian2011
(Member)
So pleased to hear you have taken the plunge. I did the South Africa trip this October [2011] it was WONDERFUL! I envy you. It was the best holiday I have ever had. My first solo holiday but not my last, I'm thinking about China now. The people, places, the wild life, everything was marvelous. I'm sorry your solo trip was so horrible but I'm sure Just You will be different. Other people on my trip had done many other holidays and enjoyed them very much.

If I can help with anything just ask,

kindest regards

Gillian