• (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
CHINA NOV 2011

Hi everyone

Has anyone any info. on the foll:

Temperatures in early November (1-10)?

Type of clothing including evenings?

Alcoholic drinks expensive in China?

Exchange rates better in China?How easy to exchange within China?

The reviews all seem good for previous tours, looking forward to this one in November...anyone know how many are booked on?

LovelyLesley1
(Member)
Hi Sea Bird,

Welcome to us lot at Just You.

I did the China trip in March so know you are going to have a great time. It was such good fun and the Great Wall was amazing. There was such a lot packed into this trip - I liked the train ride.

I think it will be warmer for you than when I went but you may want to think about something warmer for the evening.

It was recommended that I only take about £50 worth of Yuan and exchange Sterling in China as the exchange rate is better there & everyone has to give the same exchange rate. You can exchange money at the hotel reception. I also took my credit and debit cards but remember to notify your credit card company & bank so cards will not be blocked. China is great for shopping.

Adaptors for electrical things are either the 2 smaller pin Continental type for Beijing & Xian and the Australian type with 2 flat pins that move for Chende but if you have any problems the tour manager will help.

I drank the Chinese beer - yum yum - but drinks are not expensive in China & often there is a drink included with your meal.

I think the capacity for these trips is 39 plus tour manager. So you are going to make some new friends on this trip.

Have a fantastic trip - I know you will.

Be happy,

Best wishes,

Lesley :angel:

LovelyLesley1
(Member)
Hi again Sea Bird,

I have just read where you put your post in another part of the forum and received a reply from Peter (I think) where he mentioned the toilets in China.

The bathrooms in the hotels are great with all sorts of 'goodies' but some of the toilets 'out in the sticks' leave a bit to be desired. So Yes, you may need to spread the gospel according to St. Andrex! Take one (or 2) of those little travel toilet rolls (without the centre cardboard tube) that you can get at the supermarket with you as well as the wipes. You will be surprised how many folks will need them.

Have a great time.

Be happy,

Best wishes,

Lesley :angel:

PS: Wish I was going with you! I would love to do this trip again. I had such a good time.

Sea Bird
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanx lots for taking the time to reply, it has helped a ,lot and really looking forward....once my visa arrives, 1 am still waiting and JY keep changing the time of its arrival...now two days before?! Whats help in Chinese