Trish 2
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi fellow travellers,

I was just wondering if anyone had pre booked tickets to Robben Island? I know it is recommended that we book these before we go, but don't really want to be the only one going. I know we still have 4 months but i am just sooooo excited :-))

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Trish, funnily enough that is the one excursion that doesn't really interest me sorry! I'm going to do the two optional excursions as described in the brochure - the Winelands and Cape of Good Hope etc. I'm just wondering how long beforehand we should see our GP to get the injections and malaria tablets, any ideas?
Trish 2
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'BGray' wrote:

Hi Trish, funnily enough that is the one excursion that doesn't really interest me sorry! I'm going to do the two optional excursions as described in the brochure - the Winelands and Cape of Good Hope etc. I'm just wondering how long beforehand we should see our GP to get the injections and malaria tablets, any ideas?

I started my Hep B course couple of weeks ago as my doctors advised that it was a course of 3 injections. Although this injection wasn't compulsory, they highly recommended it. I would start chatting to your GP or local travel centre - Nomad as soon as possible to ensure you allow enough time for any course of jabs you decide to have

michael hurcum
(Member)
:thumbup:
'Trish wrote:

Hi fellow travellers,

ON my JY South African trip lastNov, the coach dropped us off in the V & A waterfront after table mountain and five of us bought tickets for the next day to robben island at mandela gateway.

Trish 2
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'michael wrote:

:thumbup:

'Trish wrote:

Hi fellow travellers,

ON my JY South African trip lastNov, the coach dropped us off in the V & A waterfront after table mountain and five of us bought tickets for the next day to robben island at mandela gateway.

Thanks Michael, that's really useful to know

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks for the info Trish!
wilma2
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Trish wrote:

Hi fellow travellers,

I was just wondering if anyone had pre booked tickets to Robben Island? I know it is recommended that we book these before we go, but don't really want to be the only one going. I know we still have 4 months but i am just sooooo excited :-))

Hi

I was wondering about that too. I don't know when would be the best time to fit it in with everything else. And would be nice if a few of us were going at the same time.

mikethesaint
(Member)
'wilma2' wrote:

'Trish wrote:

Hi fellow travellers,

Hi

I was wondering about that too. I don't know when would be the best time to fit it in with everything else. And would be nice if a few of us were going at the same time.

I am on this holiday but Robben Island does not really appeal to me. I shall opt for the optional excursions to the Winelands and the Cape of Good Hope.

Mike