Katherine-Leicester
(Member) (Topic Starter)

Hi, has anyone booked for this one? I am seriously considering it but it's my first "singles" holiday and I'm a bit unsure.

Katherine

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Katherine,

I did this trip last year for my first JY holiday and reckon its a good choice. Its very hectic always doing or seeing something but thats how I like it.

Mick

Katherine-Leicester
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks for that Mick. Think I will take the plunge. Katherine
lizziep
(Member)
'Katherine-Leicester' wrote:

Hi Katherine

I have booked this holiday but in July. I was very nervous about it too, as it is my first time but looking at the forum I decided to go for it. I am near Leicester too, it's a shame you are going on a different date.

Hope you have a great time.

Lizziep

Katherine-Leicester
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'lizziep' wrote:

Hi Katherine

I have booked this holiday but in July. I was very nervous about it too, as it is my first time but looking at the forum I decided to go for it. I am near Leicester too, it's a shame you are going on a different date.

Hope you have a great time.

Lizziep

You must let me know how you get on Lizzie. I'll be in sunny Tenerife in July so September it will have to be. Katherine

pam21
  • (Member)
(Member)

Hi, has anyone booked for this one? I am seriously considering it but it's my first "singles" holiday and I'm a bit unsure.

Katherine

Hi Katherine

I am thinking of booking that one. I too am a first timer.

Pam

tecnopen
(Member)
This was my first singles holiday, May 2008, I thoroughly enjoyed it, would even consider it again. It was every thing it promised, good company, sights (book Alcatraz BEFORE leaving UK, Visit in morning), reasonable accommodation the Stratosphere was especially good, coach driver (who dresses in black western gear) V efficient and the Guide (Gary Desi??) was extremely knowledgeable and good fun, of course you may not have the same staff. Enjoy
Sharon13
(Member)
Hi Katherine ... I'm booked on this date ... have you booked yet ??

This is my first time with Just You as well but am really looking forward to it.

Sharon :shy:

Katherine-Leicester
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Sharon13' wrote:

Hi Katherine ... I'm booked on this date ... have you booked yet ??

This is my first time with Just You as well but am really looking forward to it.

Sharon :shy:

Hi Sharon have just this minute booked. Am excited too, I shall be driving my work colleagues mad all afternoon. There are now only 8 places left and the chap I spoke to said it was a very popular tour as they packed so much in.

You flying from Heathrow? Hope so as we can meet in the "executive lounge" beforehand.

Only 24 weeks to go!!!:thumbup:

Katherine

Katherine-Leicester
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'pam21' wrote:

Katherine

Hi Katherine

I am thinking of booking that one. I too am a first timer.

Pam

Hi Pam

I have just booked, only 8 places left. Come on take the plunge I'm quite excited even though it's 24 weeks to go.

I did a tour last year with Travelsphere "Deep South Highlights" Memphis, Nashville etc and it was unbelievable. My first time in America and I loved every minute of it.

Katherine:rolleyes:

Sharon13
(Member)
Well done Katherine !!

Yes, flying from Heathrow ... tho not sure how I'm getting there yet, can't decide whether to stay over on the Sunday night or travel down early on the Monday morning.

Have you booked any of the trips ?? I wasnt sure whether to book them now or a bit later.

Sharon

kathy18
(Member)

Katherine

hi katherine, i've just booked but for 19th sept and its my first ever single's holiday so i'd say go for it , good luck, kathy:thumbup:

pam21
  • (Member)
(Member)

Katherine

Hi Katherine

I have just taken the plunge and booked this holiday. I will probably travel down the day before as I live in Norwich. Feel a bit nervous about it.

Harley
  • (Member)
(Member)

hi katherine, i've just booked but for 19th sept and its my first ever single's holiday so i'd say go for it , good luck, kathy:thumbup:

Hi Kathy

Another traveller for the 19th Sept. Welcome. Where are you from ?

I live in Dundee in Scotland and am in contact with other fellow travellers ging on the same holiday. I am sure we will have a great time.

Edna

x

Katherine-Leicester
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Sharon13' wrote:

Well done Katherine !!

Yes, flying from Heathrow ... tho not sure how I'm getting there yet, can't decide whether to stay over on the Sunday night or travel down early on the Monday morning.

Have you booked any of the trips ?? I wasnt sure whether to book them now or a bit later.

Sharon

Hi Sharon

I'm going to stay in a hotel overnight just a lot less stress than getting there on the day as you never know how the traffic will be. You can get some great park and stay deals too.

I decided not to book any of the trips just yet as I want to see exactly what they are and when they are going to be. Everything with regards to the trips will come with the confirmation so I can choose at leisure. Really want to do Alcatraz though and the skywalk at the Grand Canyon. Not too good with heights though but it just has to be done.

Anything you have your heart set on?

Katherine

Katherine-Leicester
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'pam21' wrote:

Katherine

Hi Katherine

I have just taken the plunge and booked this holiday. I will probably travel down the day before as I live in Norwich. Feel a bit nervous about it.

Hi Pam

Great news, something fab to look forward to. I'm a bit nervous too but there have been a lot of very positive comments from people and if the ones on our trip are half as nice as those I'm sure we will be just fine.

I'm going to drive down on the Sunday and stay over too. I can take my time and not stress about being late.

Katherine

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hey folks just back and had brilliant time, prob the best hol ever! There is so much to see and do every day, fairly hectic but worth it. Bring about $1000 spending money or be prepared to use ur credit card! So many highlights, be sure to do the ultimate canyon trip it's worth it! San Fr and Vegas are the highlights but it's all a fantastic experience. Trip Bubba Gumps for food in San Fr or Long Beach, brill for seafood! Wish I was there now!
Katherine-Leicester
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'BGray' wrote:

Hey folks just back and had brilliant time, prob the best hol ever! There is so much to see and do every day, fairly hectic but worth it. Bring about $1000 spending money or be prepared to use ur credit card! So many highlights, be sure to do the ultimate canyon trip it's worth it! San Fr and Vegas are the highlights but it's all a fantastic experience. Trip Bubba Gumps for food in San Fr or Long Beach, brill for seafood! Wish I was there now!

Thanks for the tips I was wondering roughly how much to take. so this is very helpful. Katherine

srak
  • (Member)
(Member)

I'm going on this holiday but on 3rd October. However this thread has been most informative.

Margaret

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)

'BGray' wrote:

Thanks for the tips I was wondering roughly how much to take. so this is very helpful. Katherine

Oops, that should have read try Bubba Gumps! Glad you found it helpful; the ultimate Grand Canyon trip includes short helicopter rides, boat trip and bus tour and costs $448, expensive but worth it and you can pay for it by credit card. Other optional excursions are paid for in cash on the trip, although you can prebook the Palm Springs ones. Hope you get Ann Murray as your tour manager, she is brilliant!