maddy 802
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I am recently widowed, and am looking to take first holiday in years on my own (has to be done sometime) I am a young 60 enjoy travel, meeting people, etc etc but am not sure if I will fit in or indeed the age range of the groups within which I would be travelling.

Can anyone give advice?

Sharonl
(Member)
Hello i have just joined and am looking to do the same i am 50 and recently widowed, i suppose we should just bite the bullet and do it 🙂
julian888
(Member)
Hi maddy, welcome to the forum :)

If you are 60, enjoy travel and meeting people I'd say you would fit in very well.

Julian

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Maddy,

In my experience plus what others say the majority of people on a JY holiday are in their 50's & 60's so you'll fit in just perfect.

Saying that the age range is much larger than that, on the two trips I've done so far the ladies have varied from late 20's to 70's while the men 40's to 70's. Expect the ladies to outnumber the men, people say ts around 3 to 1 on average, the trips I did it was 11 to 7 (Americas Golden West) and 35 to 10 (Treasures of Andalucia) which sort of confirm that.

Mick

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Maddy

If you look at some of the many messages on these boards I am sure you will find the answer that you need.

I am sure that you will fit in fine with everyone, the holidays are not banded into set age groups so you could have age 20 - 80 and all the ages inbetween. Most will be around 55-70 I would say. I am 52 have been useing JY for 4 years and done 6 tours so if there is anything you would like to ask, feel free.

Cindy

LovelyLesley1
(Member)
Hi Maddy,

Yes, this is for you. I too am a widow and I know it is difficult the first time, but you will never look back. Don't worry about age - it's just a number after all.

Go for it! Lots of choices, has to be something that you fancy. It will hopefully be the first of many wonderful, happy and exciting trips!

Be happy,

Best wishes,

Lesley :angel: