welshlass
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Have booked this river cruise for July as my first holiday with just you. Excited but a little apprehensive as its a new experience. Would welcome any info or feedback from anyone who has done this river cruise before.
PatO
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Welshlass.

All I can say is you will have a fantastic time,I went last year and had a really memorable holiday. All you`ve got to do is just look forward to it!!!!!

Best Wishes Pat.

Maddy
  • (Member)
(Member)
I did this cruise last year, it was great, and I made good friends I am still in touch with. The food was wonderful so make sure you take loose clothing! The trip to Salamanca is not to be missed, for me it was the highlight of the week.
welshlass
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'PatO' wrote:

Hi Welshlass.

All I can say is you will have a fantastic time,I went last year and had a really memorable holiday. All you`ve got to do is just look forward to it!!!!!

Best Wishes Pat.

Hi Pat,

Thanks for your reply. I really appreciate your positive feedback. Will definately be looking forward to it.

Kind regards, Welshlass

welshlass
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Maddy' wrote:

I did this cruise last year, it was great, and I made good friends I am still in touch with. The food was wonderful so make sure you take loose clothing! The trip to Salamanca is not to be missed, for me it was the highlight of the week.

Thanks Maddy for your feedback. The holiday sounds as though its got all the right ingredients good food, interesting places and hopefully like yours good company together with some sunshine. Will look forward to it.

Thanks again, Welshlass

gill54
  • (Member)
(Member)
'welshlass' wrote:

Have booked this river cruise for July as my first holiday with just you. Excited but a little apprehensive as its a new experience. Would welcome any info or feedback from anyone who has done this river cruise before.

Hi Welshlass

I too have booked to go on this cruise on 17 July. It should be a lovely trip and I'm really looking forward to it. I'll be travelling from Gwent to Gatwick. This will be my second JY holiday. Thoroughly enjoyed my first one last October.

welshlass
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'gill54' wrote:

'welshlass' wrote:

Hi Welshlass

I too have booked to go on this cruise on 17 July. It should be a lovely trip and I'm really looking forward to it. I'll be travelling from Gwent to Gatwick. This will be my second JY holiday. Thoroughly enjoyed my first one last October.

Hi,

Great to hear from someone who will be on the same cruise. Will be travelling from nottinghamshire (where I now live) to gatwick though I'm welsh, originally from south wales (glamorganshire). A little nervous travelling alone from gatwick. Have thought to book an overnight stay in a hotel before travelling. Thought it may be easier though have not do ne anything about it yet. Thanks for your reply. Look forward to meeting you and to a lovely holiday.

JoanS
  • (Member)
(Member)
'welshlass' wrote:

'gill54' wrote:

'welshlass' wrote:

Hi Welshlass

Hi,

Great to hear from someone who will be on the same cruise. Will be travelling from nottinghamshire (where I now live) to gatwick though I'm welsh, originally from south wales (glamorganshire). A little nervous travelling alone from gatwick. Have thought to book an overnight stay in a hotel before travelling. Thought it may be easier though have not do ne anything about it yet. Thanks for your reply. Look forward to meeting you and to a lovely holiday.

Hi

I am also booked to go on the Doura River Cruise in July. I will be travelling from Northern Ireland so I will be coming through transfers (I hope). Don't worry about travelling from Gatwick as you will meet people at the airport. Just look out for the Just You luggage labels and there should be a Just You Rep there as well. This is my 4th Just You holiday and I have enjoyed the previous ones very much and have found my fellow travellers very friendly. Glad to read the positive feed back.

welshlass
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'JoanS' wrote:

'welshlass' wrote:

'gill54' wrote:

'welshlass' wrote:

Hi Welshlass

Hi,

Hi

I am also booked to go on the Doura River Cruise in July. I will be travelling from Northern Ireland so I will be coming through transfers (I hope). Don't worry about travelling from Gatwick as you will meet people at the airport. Just look out for the Just You luggage labels and there should be a Just You Rep there as well. This is my 4th Just You holiday and I have enjoyed the previous ones very much and have found my fellow travellers very friendly. Glad to read the positive feed back.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Your feedback from previous holidays was also very positive. This is all so new to me and hearing from travellers who have had previous experiences with just you is very encouraging. Really beginning to look forward to it and I look forward to meeting you. Well hopefully ! My holiday flight is the 18th for the 8 day option. I have just noticed there is a departure on the 17th (previous thread) and looking at the brochure this is a 6 day cruise. Are we all on the same boat as the brochure only mentions the one cruiser. Hope so.

clairef
(Member)
I went on this holiday last July. It was absolutely fabulous, in no small measure due to the Just You tour manager. The boat is small enough to get to know everyone, and the crew were so friendly and helpful, and all took part in the enterteinments. And the food!! You may start the week thinking that you don't need to eat two three course meals a day, but believe me, your resolve will weaken by the seconf day! It was very hot going up the river - up to 40 degrees - but the boat was air conditioned and comfortable. For those who could stand the heat outside, the sundeck and (small) pool got a lot of use.

I booked all the tours. The tour guide was very good, and knowledgeable. Each town we visited was more amazing than the last. Rather a surfeit of cathedrals, but you don't have to visit all of them (but let the tour guide know if you want to do your own thing, so he doesn't think you're lost!) The best tour was to Salamanca in Spain - it was like being in a Shakespeare play. I took time off from the official tour there to spend time in the Art Deco museum, with an amazing exhibition of Galle glass. OK, not everyone's choice, but the building, refurbished to the original Art Deco style, is definitely worth a look.

The only criticism was that the pillows on the boat were not comfortable - if you have the space, and like a pillow that feels like a pillow, take your own. And the TV in the cabins doesn't get many English channels, so take your own radio/ipod if you need it.

But this was one of the best holidays I have ever had. I'm sure you'll enjoy it just as much.

welshlass
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'clairef' wrote:

I went on this holiday last July. It was absolutely fabulous, in no small measure due to the Just You tour manager. The boat is small enough to get to know everyone, and the crew were so friendly and helpful, and all took part in the enterteinments. And the food!! You may start the week thinking that you don't need to eat two three course meals a day, but believe me, your resolve will weaken by the seconf day! It was very hot going up the river - up to 40 degrees - but the boat was air conditioned and comfortable. For those who could stand the heat outside, the sundeck and (small) pool got a lot of use.

I booked all the tours. The tour guide was very good, and knowledgeable. Each town we visited was more amazing than the last. Rather a surfeit of cathedrals, but you don't have to visit all of them (but let the tour guide know if you want to do your own thing, so he doesn't

think you're lost!) The best tour was to Salamanca in Spain - it was like being in a Shakespeare play. I took time off from the official tour there to spend time in the Art Deco museum, with an amazing exhibition of Galle glass. OK, not everyone's choice, but the building, refurbished to the original Art Deco style, is definitely worth a look.

The only criticism was that the pillows on the boat were not comfortable - if you have the space, and like a pillow that feels like a pillow, take your own. And the TV in the cabins doesn't get many English channels, so take your own radio/ipod if you need it.

But this was one of the best holidays I have ever had. I'm sure you'll enjoy it just as much.

Thanks so much for your feedback. It was very helpful and much appreciated. Sounds like I can look forward to a good holiday. I too have booked all the tours and from what you say I'm pleased I did as it sounds amazing. Hopefully I enjoy it as much as you did.

lindylou2
(Member)
Hi , I am going on this holiday on the 11th July, so won't meet any of the previous posters , so if anyone out there is going on that date it would be great to chat.

This will be my 2nd JY holiday the last one was Andalucia last yea and I reall was impressed with the holiday. Looking forward so much to this one especially as previous posters have been so positive,.

sarasate
(Member)
:thumbup:
'welshlass' wrote:

Hello Welshlass

I went on this cruise last July & had a lovely time - its very beautiful and the ship is delightful. Very hot weather but great air conditioning! Don`t miss a trip to Salamanca; its superb. Have a lovely time!

Sarasate[/font]