louiseglitter
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi,

I know there are several threads for first time travellers but I was wondering what people thought about my worries......

I am 26 and would love to go to Canada,California.....so many different tours but I am painfully shy with hardly any self esteem and was wondering whether travelling on my own would be a good idea. Are people friendly etc

Thank you in advance

cmtraveller
(Member)
HI

I went on my first JY holiday in September to California, it was amazing visited so many great places. I am quite a shy person, but it was ok, everyone is really friendly and it really boosts your confidence. I made lots of friends and we still keep in touch. I enjoyed it so much, I have booked another holiday to Texas and New Orleans in April, so again I am nervous but really looking forward to it. I think you should pluck up the courage and go for it, you will be glad you did afterwards. Good Luck!

Carol

emma30
  • (Member)
(Member)
[/font]
'louiseglitter' wrote:

Hi,

I know there are several threads for first time travellers but I was wondering what people thought about my worries......

I am 26 and would love to go to Canada,California.....so many different tours but I am painfully shy with hardly any self esteem and was wondering whether travelling on my own would be a good idea. Are people friendly etc

Thank you in advance

[font=Arial]

Hiya,

I was thinking the same as you; the tours look great and was a bit scared to go by myself but thought yep just go so have booked tour to Prague, Vienna and Budapest. The tours all sound great and are all arranged for you so don't need to worry about organising anything by yourself!!

Will of course keep you posted with how it goes but i'd say go for it! :shy:

emma30
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hiya,

I was thinking the same as you but have decided to book a tour- all the hassle of travelling alone (sorting everything out; transfers etc is done for you) and they are meant to be great 🙂

will let you know how it all goes but i'd say go for it!

julian888
(Member)
Hi Louise,

Yes it is a good idea and yes people are friendly. I personally would recommend doing a short break to get the feel of things; maybe a discovery weekend or a European weekend break. Then if you have a good time go for Canada and California. Don't worry about being shy - just go for it and get booking!

Have fun :)

Julian

Sue2
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi

I have been on several JY tours and people are friendly. There are always first-timers on every trip. Maybe it would be better to try a shorter holiday to begin with. You will find however that although there are a few in their 20s 30s most people are 40 plus. Dont let this put you off as generally it doesnt make a difference.

Go on try it!

DavidG
  • (Member)
(Member)
We are all friendly! Please remember that we are all single and, having been on 5 holdays with JustYou I can assure you that everyone mixes well with no 'wallflowers'.

Go for it!

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
All the trips I have been on, every body has been fine and friendly. It does take a couple of day's to gel together but from then on fun all the way. I keep in touch with two ladies I have meet on my JY travels and we travel on JY holidays sometimes together, if there is one we both like, but if not I am more than happy to travel on my own.

Cindy

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Only one way to find out, get it booked.

I've done two holidays so far the first to Americas golden west and there was a good mix of ages including 2 ladies in their 20's (18 people total 11 ladies, 7 men).

My 2nd trip was to Andalucia in november and there was one lady in her 20's although the majority were 50 upwards (45 of us 10 men 35 ladies).

Just booked my 3rd hol to mallorca in april.

To be honest age didn't matter on either trip everyone mixed just great. Everyone is single and I'm sure many have the same fears as yourself but all I'll say is most people seem to book again.

janeyalan
(Member)
You will have a great time, went on my first solo trip last summer to China, really looking forward to the next one in April, everyone was so friendly, enjoy.
Gabby
  • (Member)
(Member)
It is a big step but once you make it everything is just fine. You are with a group of like minded people and everyone is soon chatting like old friends.

Go for it!!

mezuk04
(Member)
I do like the idea of going for it but I have the similar thoughts as louise, I'm a very friendly sociable person, its just going out my comfort zone is my issue and lets face it a couple of glasses of beer/wine soon solves that.
Lucinda
(Member)
'louiseglitter' wrote:

Hi,

Thank you in advance

Hi,

I have very similar worries to you, and as yet have not taken the plunge to book anything, although i keep looking. I am 29, and would like to travel more but worry about the language barrier when visiting places and having to find places to eat.

What have you decided on?

Help from any others: When trips are only half board, do you go and eat in places as a group or do you all do your own thing?

Many thanks

louiseglitter
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you for all your answers, still trying to decide!!

I really want to give it a go so maybe early next year I will

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Go for it Louise! I spent years going by myself to a friend's apartment in Spain, or paid the single supplement for other holidays. I went on my first JY hol to Andalucia last Sept and it was fantastic, a great group who were good fun and really friendly. The whole hol was suberbly organised and everything about it was brilliant (despite a public service strike in Spain and an eight hour diversion to Madrid to get home!). Age differences don't matter (I'm 40 and my friends range from 20s-60s!). I've booked to go to America's Golden West in March and South Africa in Sept (blowing my savings!) and I can't wait. Don't put it off, you never know what's around the next corner, so just pick a hol you'd really like to do and I'm positive you will never look back!
amyflower
(Member)
'louiseglitter' wrote:

Hi,

Thank you in advance

Hi! I'm Amy! I really want to do the Americas Golden West tour, but like you am quite shy and I'm worried about flying out there by myself. I am 23 years old but this is something I've always wantes to do, at the end of the day everyone is in the same position, so you just have to go for it! It will be worth it in the end!! Hope you decide to go for it!! 🙂