Rose Hall
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I have just booked my first Just You holiday to Lake Como for June 2008. Has anyone else been? Did they enjoy it.?

It will be my first holiday taken on my own - so any reassurances are very welcome!

I will be flying from Bristol direct to Italy on June 3rd - is anyone else doing that?

Paulette Coe
(Member)
Hi Rosemarie,

I did the Lake Como holiday 2 years ago. It is a stunningly beautiful place and I met some great people. The Gardens around Lake Como are magnificent and the little towns of Bellagio and Varenna are so picturesque. It is very easy (and cheap!) to get around the Lake independently by the local Ferry boats. Just You have changed the hotel they use for this year, so I can't comment on that. I am sure you will have a wonderful time. I have just booked the Christmas in Tuscany trip and am really looking forward to it.

Rose Hall
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Paulette

Many thanks for your reply. I have been told it is a very pretty area by other people I know who have been to that part of Italy. As a very keen flower arranger, I am sure I will revel in seeing the lovely gardens etc.

Hope your future holiday at Christmas is wonderful for you.

Regards

Rosemarie

Alison M
(Member)
Hello Rosemarie

I too am staying on Lake Como June 3. Also my first holiday on my own. I am flying from Manchester but look forward to meeting you.

Regards

Alison

Rosemarie
(Member)
Hello Alison.

Thanks for your message. I am really looking forward to the holiday and meeting new people, including yourself.

See you in Itlia!

Regards

Rosemarie

caroline w
(Member)
Dear Rosemarie,

Hello. My name is Caroline and I too am flying from Bristol on 3 June to Lake Como. This is my first Just You holiday and the first time I have travelled on my own for many years and I am very nervous! It would be great to hear from you before we travel.

Best wishes,

Caroline

Rosemarie
(Member)
Hi Caroline

So lovely to hear from you and that you are also a first timer and flying from Bristol.

I am getting quite excited about the holiday as well as a bit nervous but knowing there will be others travelling from the same place from the start is really encouraging.

Would you like to meet for a coffee or something before we go? I live in BS13 but happy to meet somewhere "central"

Do let me know.

Rosemarie

caroline w
(Member)
Dear Rosemarie,

Thank you for your reply I would love to meet for a coffee before we go to Lake Como but as I live 40 miles from Bristol on the Dorset /Somerset border it may be a little difficult and I HATE driving in Bristol!! Do you ever go to Bath that is better for me. It is a little difficult to give Phone numbers etc on this message board as it is a bit public. Maybe I will send you a note via just you and ask them to forward it.If all else fails I will see you at the airport

All good wishes Caroline

Rosemarie
(Member)
Hi Caroline

Thanks for replying. 9 weeks time and we will be there hopefully really enjoying ourselves.

Would be fine to meet in Bath or somewhere else convenient to you at some point for a coffee and a natter if you want to - Saturday or Sundays only as I work full time. Just You have my work e mail and if they pass that on to you we can then communicate directly and more privately to ake arrangements. Otherwise, see you at the airport.