Nurse60
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
This is my first Hol on my own and with Just You.Travelling from Manchester - 08/09/09. Feeling apprehensive and excited would love to chat with anybody else going on same hol.See you all soon

Theresa

Dove
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Nurse60,

I am booked on the Lake Maggiore holiday with you, so I look forward to meeting you there.

I have been away with Just You on several occasions, and I have also been on other holidays completely on my own. There is no comparison between being alone and being with a Just You group. Even if you don't meet anyone in your group at your local airport (though you probably will meet someone) you won't be on your own once you arrive at the Italian airport. You might not be sitting with a Just You traveller on the plane depending on when the tickets were booked for you, but you will get together on arrival at luggage collection. Look for suitcases with the blue Just You luggage tag and you'll spot your fellow travellers. There will also be a Just You rep to meet everyone on arrival.

Don't worry if that initial hour or two is a bit awkward. People might be tired after an early morning flight, they might be shy, or be as anxious as you are about their first holiday like this. As soon as you stop and eat together you'll start bonding. Food and drink, even the non-alcaholic variety, are great for bringing people together.

Whenever I go with Just You I know I won't be on holiday on my own unless I choose to do my own thing. Even then, I can look forward to meals with the group, plus late-night drinks. You can party, have a friendly chat, go back out again on your own or with a few friends, or go to bed - the choice is yours. The Lake Maggiore hotel looks fabulous with many amenities and beautiful grounds, so you'll find friends will want to explore it with you. You can count me in!

The optional excursions are always well worth paying for if you can. The guides know so much about the area and give you access to fantastic places you'd never see on your own.

I'll see you soon in Italy.