Kaz ab
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi I was just wondering if anyone is going on the Music capitals of the deep south on 19th Sept 2010.
Sharon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Kaz

Did this tour last october and had a fabulous time.Every night is party night if you want it to be with plenty of places to visit if you want the music.If you are thinking of taking a video camera you will not be able to use it at gracelands but can take plenty of photos. if you enjoy your music this tour is for you.

Have a great time

Sharon

Kaz ab
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Sharon thanks for the answer. I'm glad you had a good holiday, have you booked for this year

?

shaila
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Kaz

Yes I'm going on this trip too on 19 Sept and really looking forward to it. I've met people who have done this holiday and they say it is great fun.

Sheila

JackieH
(Member)
Is anyone going on 13th June? I have already booked and have been on other Just You holidays and have always had a fantastic time. I will be travelling from Norfolk on the day before.
Sharon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Kaz

Yes i have booked the national parks and canyons in october. Booked it on the day i returned from the memphis trip. There are five of us from that trip going to the canyons so it will be lovely to meet up again although i am in contact with some of the girls.Am off to vegas in two weeks and going with one of the ladies from the trip so looking forward to that.New places and new friends thats what life is about. We met Glen Campbell the country and western singer at the shereton in nashville so you never know. have a great time

Sharon

dot12
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jackie,

I am going on this trip on the 13th June and travelling from Yorkshire the day before. This will be my 3rd Just You holiday, been to China and Americas Golden West with Hawaii add on, had a great time on both hols.

Dot

SteveCutler
(Member)
hi Jackie/Dot, I'm thinking of booking the June hol to deep south. Have never been on a singles holiday before but would quite like to book it. Do you think me being 19 would cause any uncomfortableness with the other holidayers? I tend to find I get on better with those older than me, I don't tend to have much in common with those my age! So in that sense I'd like to think I'd enjoy it.
JackieH
(Member)
Hi Dot and Steve

Always reassuring to to know someone else is going! I am very excited about this trip, but always get very nervous just before I go, although I know from experience that there's no need. The trip will be fantastic, I know.

Steve, please do not worry about your age. You will find that there are all ages and everyone is interesting in their own way. I am now retired but have lots of young friends. You will have a wonderful time with lots to do and see, with great company, I am sure!

Jackie

dot12
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Steve, I echo Jackies comments re your age, the last Just You trip I went on the age range was 38 to 81 years and everyone got on great, age just does not make any difference, book the trip I'm sure you'll hsve a great time

Dot

SteveCutler
(Member)
Hi Jackie,

Thanks for your reply. That's good to know, thank you :)

Am very close to booking it now, I just need another week or so to think it over with regards to whether I want to part with £2300 of my money haha.

Jackie/Dot, are you both travelling from Gatwick?

dot12
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Steve,

I am travelling from Gatwick, will be coming down the day before and doing the get together in the hotel the night before, did the same last year but at Heathrow, it was nice to meet people before setting off.

Dot

JackieH
(Member)
Hi Steve

Yes, I will be flying from Gatwick, travelling down on the bus the night before. I hope you decide to book - it would be nice to meet you. The holiday should be a great experience for anyone, going by the reviews from previous travellers.

Jackie

SteveCutler
(Member)
Hi both,

Thanks for your reply. May I ask which hotel it is at Gatwick?

dot12
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Steve, don't know the hotel yet, if you ring Just You they will be able to tell you.

Dot

JackieH
(Member)
Hello Dot

Regarding the get together - I enquired about this when I booked this holiday and was told that this was no longer possible and that I would have to book a room myself. I was going to do this nearer the time. I would prefer joining the get together if there is one available. Have you enquired about this yet? In any case, I will wait a little nearer the time and ask again as it would be so much nicer to meet up with other travellers the night before.

Jackie

dot12
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jackie,

No I haven't enquired re the get together I was going to book it next week but if Just You don't do this any more can I suggest that we book into the same hotel, then at least we will be able to meet each other.

Dot

JackieH
(Member)
Hello Dot

I think that is a great idea! Have you any suggestions regarding hotels? We can book through this website. There seems to be a big choice. I have never done this before and have always travelled down on the day, but as it is an early flight and the traffic is always so bad, I think it will be much wiser to travel the day before, and stay over.

Jackie

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Everyone,

I'm new to Just You and have been looking at a few of the American trips and this one really appeals to me and just trying to convince myself to book for June. Also can't make my mind up whether to fly from Manchester or Gatwick, I live in North Yorkshire so Manchester would be the obvious choice however I'm thinking the difference in cost would cover my petrol, parking & night before hotel if I choose Gatwick.

dot12
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jackie,

I can't seem to get the list of hotels available through this site up so have no idea about which hotel to book, I know from looking on the Gatwick web site that there are plenty to choose from. Have you any idea ?