SteveCutler
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hey guys :)

This is gonna sound a bit odd!

I'm very interested in going on a singles holiday, and JustYou sounds like it's got a good reputation.

I'm especially interested in the Musical Capitals of the Deep South, but I have a few concerns which I was hoping someone could shed some light on:

I'm 19, and am very aware that most others on JustYou holidays will be older. I find I get on better with those that are older, probably due to my interests being more similar than people my own age (when you consider that I don't drink, I don't go clubbing, I don't like sports, I don't like modern music etc etc, I don't really fit in a 19 year old guy's body!!).

I do think that more interests will be shared with those that are older than me, despite the age difference.

However, I'm aware that it might not be favourable to the other people on a holiday. In other words (I'm terrible at explaining things) I don't want others on the holiday to feel uncomfortable with a 19 year old being around, and I'm concerned that I may be "left out" of the group (so to speak).

Could anyone who has been on a JustYou holiday kindly advise on whether I'm being daft?

Thank you muchly :)

- Steve.

Pinkgin
(Member)
Hi Steve

I want to do this holiday soon too, either in Sept or next year. I have been on one JY holiday and have booked another in May. I found that everyone was very friendly no matter what their age. There are usually more women than men so I am sure that you will be appreciated;-)

Gin

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Steve,

I've not done a just you holiday yet although will be doing the American Golden West in June and looking forward to it (actually wanted to do the Music Capitols but it was booked up).

Personally your age wouldn't be a problem to me and I'm sure many others would be the same. I've just been on holiday with a couple of friends in their early 20's (I'm a young 52 lol) and it was no big deal.

However one word of caution, America particularly Music Capitals isn't the ideal choice because the legal limit for drinking in the US is 21 years and they are very strict (ask everyone looking under 30 for ID).

Even if not drinking other than restaurants you may not be allowed in many Bars/Clubs and a visit to New Orleans, Memphis or Nashville wouldn't be the same without taking in the local live music.

I have been to Memphis & Nashville in the past and they are worth a visit but its all about the music. My personal advice would be to do this trip after you reach 21 years and look at other trips now.

Mick

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Steve

I would not worry about age on a Just You holiday. Everyone is welcome and you will be well looked after. To begin with you all will have one thing in common - you are all interested in the same holiday! After all, age is just a number - you are only as old as you feel! Go on, book the holiday and have fun.

Regards