Linds
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Everyone

I too have had my vacinations now and am begining to count down the days. I am travelling from Gatwick by National Express. Anyone else doing the same route? Let me know and we could travel together.

Regards Linds

ish
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi linda,

I have never used chopsticks,so this is going to be fun, good job I wear glasses knowing me i will be poking my eye out. I will be at dinner table all night trying to eat with the chopsticks.

Linds did you have sore arm or was everything ok. I could not lift my arm for a couple of days but was okay after that.

I hope all our hotels are nice with some good views.

Ish

Willpower
(Member)
Hi Folks

Not long now. Just to give you a taster, I found out that will shall be visiting Putuo Zongchengzhi Temple and Puning temple in Chengde. Check them out online. Amazing !!

For Ish, The hotel in Chengde overlooks the river and the one in Xian directly faces the Bell Tower.

Looking forward to meeting everyone at Heathrow.

ish
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi All,

thanks for the info Graham.

see you all soon.

Ish

Linds
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Everyone

Yes Ish my arm was sore for a few days but all is well now and chopstick practise going well!!

I will check out the info about venues - looking forward to the trip and meeting you all.

Linds

Mike-Sk
(Member)
Hi to everyone - just returned from Wonder Of China trip, 21 - 30 July - even if you do not get the top notch guides we had, prepare yourself for an awesome experience. Someone mentioned the acrobats been good - no, they are unbelievable... enjoy every minute, apart from the Peking Duck Dinner (the only poor bit)

Mike

Willpower
(Member)
Hi Mike

Always good to hear from someones first hand experience. Glad you enjoyed your holiday. Apart from the Pekin Duck LOL.

Any pointers on preparations, or awkward things you didn't expect to watch out for ?

Thanks for your time.

Graham

Mike-Sk
(Member)
Hi, Graham,

Very few pointers,

1. The 4/5 star hotels provide everything - take half what you think you need.

2. Leave room in your suitcase - even if you do not buy stuff on holiday, you will - the jade factory was unbelievable - difficult decisions - do I get the 900,000 or the 700,000 Yuan hand carving ???.

3. The guides will tell yiou everything, but do not forget, Chinese drivers regard red lights as optional and the green man is of scenic value only! however, the Chinese prefer not to run tourists over.

Enjoy,

Mike

Willpower
(Member)
Hi Folks

Just over a week to go now. I guess you will have all received the info about the change of Hotels in Beijing and Xian. It seems they are a bit further away from the "sights" which is a bit of a shame. Just means we shall have to get a taxi instead of walking :o)

Looking forward to meeting everyone on the 1st.

Graham