Jess
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi I'm Jess,

Just wondering if anyone else out there is booked to go to China on the 1st Sept? See lots of people for other dates, but none for this. It's my first time going on holiday on my own so it'd be nice to know some others going.

Linds
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jess

I am going on the 1st September and it will be my first holiday on my own too.

I am really excited about China and all the posts seem so positive about the holiday and travelling as a group. I'm sure we will have a great time.

Linds

Jess
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Linds,

I'm so pleased you replied and I've finally found someone else who's going on the same date. Really excited about the holiday and looking forward to meet you.

Jess x

Linds
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jess

I have posted a reply on the message for '12th and 1st'. Does this mean there are three of us going now - or is it just you and me!!!

Regards Linds

Jess
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hey Linds,

Looking at the message for the 1st & 12th, it looks to me like it's still just us two for the 1st. Oh well I'm sure there are lots of others...and I know we'll have fun anyway.

Jess

EirianW
(Member)
Hi Jess and Linds,

I'm Eirian, Iv'e just booked tonight to go on Sept 1st.

This is also my first holiday on my own and to the far east. Am really excited and looking forward to meeting everyone. I'm sure well have a great time.

Eirian

Jess
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Eirian,

Glad to see that you're coming too and looking forward to meeting you.

We'll have a great time

Jess

ish
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jess Linds and Eirian,

This is my first time, nice to know there will others going. Like you all I am bit nervous about going alone. But I am sure we will all get along together and become friends.September seems far away but it will come around very soon. as anyone enquired about vaccinations?

hope to talk to you soon.

Ish

Linds
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jess, Eirian and Ish

The party is getting bigger. Just got the letter in the post today to say that the opera outing has changed to Beijing Acrobats - which is funny as I was talking to someone at work this lunchtime who said the opera was terrible and avoid it if possible. The feedback from other travellers appears to have been the same response!

Not checked out the vacinations yet but will let you know when I have.

Linds

Jovica
  • (Member)
(Member)
I have just returned from the Wonders of China 12th May trip and it is a fantastic holiday. Be thankful the Opera trip is cancelled as you can see them on CNN Channel 11 whilst over there if you are a masocist. The acrobats are incredible. I hope you all enjoy the trip as much as I did.
Linds
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jovica

Thank you so much for taking the timne to post on the 1st Sept link. Its lovely to hear from someone who has been so recently and enjoyed themselves. I'm not really into opera - but thought the costumes would make it worth going - so I don't really feel I am missing it not going. If you can watch it some other way and with the sound turned down so much the better!!

Thanks again - Linds

LindaBon
(Guest)
I've just booked to go on this holiday today. I've done 2 previous trip with JY and thoroughly enjoyed them both. Look forward to meeting everyone.

Linda

ish
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Linds,Eirian,Jess

Glad we are going to see the Acrobats, they have been on TV and they look good.

Been to my GP and had Tetanus, polio,Dipthera and Hepa vaccinations, they all came in to 2 jabs,apparently it is our government reccomendations.

just ordered my National Express voucher it is a lot cheaper for me than booking it myself.

ISH

Willpower
(Member)
Hi everyone. My name is Graham and I am booked onto the 1st Sept trip. Thankyou Linds for directing me to the right place. Although I have been away by myself before this will be my first time with Just You, so I'm looking forward to having a great holiday and meeting some new like minded friends. I shall be watching this space from now on. How many of us are there now ?
LindaBon
(Guest)
I have posted on other threads and am going. My 3rd JY holiday.

Linda

Jess
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Linda and Graham,

Glad to see the group is growing...think that makes a definite 6 of us, but I'm sure there'll be more. It's getting closer now and really looking forward to meeting everyone.

Jess

Linds
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Everyone

Thought you might be interested to hear that there are 34 of us booked on this holiday and our tour manager is Helen Mayo.

Looking forward to meeting you all.

Linds

Willpower
(Member)
Thanks Linds.

Also for those interested Air China use Airbus 330 on this route, flight time 10 hours 8 minutes. Only 65 days to go, not that I'm counting of course. :o)

ish
  • (Member)
(Member)
hi All,

1st september is just 5 weeks away. Just wondering if anyone is going to Heathrow by coach. especially from Digbeth station.

see you all soon.

Ish

LindaBon
(Guest)
Yes, not long now! I haven't heard back from JY since sending my visa form off - is that the same with everyone else? Is there anyone who like me is absolutely hopeless with chopsticks!!!

Linda