irenemic
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, am on this trip flying from Gatwick, this is my 3rd JY holiday and looking forward to it, would anyone else on this trip like to make contact with me before we go.

Regards

Irene

skb
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi, on this trip too.My first holiday with JY. Not really sure what to expect. I think my biggest worry is that everyone will be older or younger than me! Which I hope is normal.

Sonia

mikem
  • (Member)
(Member)
Not really much help to either of you, but I am going to the same places, only leaving on 20 May. Perhaps I can report back at the end of the month and let you know how it went.

Mike

irenemic
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Sonia, quite normal to feel nervous, I was, but once got talking to people on the previous hols had a brilliant time on both. Age ranges from 20's to 80's, and mostly we are all in the same situation, we are on our own, to start with anyway. You soon muck in so to speak and if you want to be on your own you can be. So fret not Sonia, whatever your age, and I am over 21!!!!! You will have a great time.

Irene

skb
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks Irene, I might be a little older than 21 myself being born in 1958! I have had holidays since being on my own but feel it's time I took steps without the support of friends/familly. If everyone is as friendly as you I am sure it will be good.

Sonia X

mikem
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Irene and Sonia,

I have now returned from the week in Prague, Vienna and Budapest. A wonderful holiday is in store for you, if a little tiring.

I was new to the idea of holidaying on my own and can assure you that, within 24 hours, good friendships had already been made and by the end of the week, many of us were exchanging email addresses and phone numbers.

There were 28 of us travelling (+ the Tour Manager), consisting of 7 men and 21 ladies.

Be prepared for quite a bit of walking and do make use of the optional trips if you get the chance. We had two river cruises, one at night in Budapest, and also a wonderful evening at a Strauss and Mozart concert in Vienna. That was just my sort of music and was the highlight of the trip for me. Don't forget your cameras - I finished up with 179 photos. Only one minor complaint - the food at the final hotel left a little to be desired - goulash on both nights followed by an apple for sweet!

Hope you all have as good a time as I did. I shall certainly be looking to go on another one of the JY trips.

Mike