GaynorG
  • (Newbie) (Topic Starter)
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
Hello, this is my first solo trip. Any suggestions would be great.
Lindsay04
(Member)
Hi Gaynor, I will be on this trip.  I've done quite a few tours with Just You, and can guarantee you will be well looked after.  Have you sorted your travel jabs and got malaria tablets?  

You should get paperwork 2 weeks before which should give you some helpful info.

Tricia P
(Newbie)
Hello Gaynor,

This is also my first solo holiday with a group.

I've travelled abroad on my own before but not for some years. It will be quite an experience for sure!

Where will you be flying from? I shall be at London Heathrow. I've had an e-mail to say the airport lounge isn't now available,

which I thought would be the place to meet up with any fellow Just You travellers.

Tricia P
(Newbie)
Hi Lindsay,

I'm another first timer.

I've an appt with my GP soon, so will be able to confirm what malaria tablets I'm able to take and any vaccinations needed for this trip. 

(My arm has been a pin cushion this week, having flu and covid jabs). 

I'm just working out how much currency I will need, in addition to my card. Hard when you don't know how much any meals out will cost.

GaynorG
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
Hi Lindsay,

it is nice to hear that you have enjoyed all of your trips with just you. I've had my jabs and had my malaria tablets so I am all set to go. Looking forward to meeting you.

GaynorG
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
Hi Tricia,

I am also flying from Heathrow and it would've been great to have the lounge to meet other fellow travellers but I am sure we should still be able to meet up. Not sure what time I will get there exactly but I'm expecting it to be about 7 pm when I'm dropped . Look forward to meeting you.

GaynorG
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
I agree Tricia it is hard to know how much cash to take not knowing how much things are and how readily available using card payments are. Hopefully when we get our travel information they might give us some idea of what we might need.

see you soon

Lindsay04
(Member)
Hi Tricia.  I had my flu and Covid jabs last week, so I know how you feel!

With currency, I was planning on taking about £200 worth of Rand.  I'm sure you will be able to pay using a debit card (preferably one that doesn't charge a fee if you are using it abroad).

GaynorG
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
Lindsay, I was thinking about £200 worth of Rand. I have also checked with my bank and as long as I pay in local currency there won't be any charges on my debit card.