Nicki
  • (Newbie) (Topic Starter)
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
Hi all,

I'm lucky enough to be booked to travel to Borneo in May next year.. a lifetime dream come true šŸ˜ŠĀ 

Would anyone be able to tell me what vaccinations are needed? I've checked various sites but I'm getting conflicting information about what ones are needed.

many thanks in advanceĀ 

ROSE19999
(Newbie)
I'd suggest you contact your GP or practice nurse for advice, requirements change over time and they will have access to the most up to date advice.

Have a wonderful time.

Rose

Nicki
  • (Newbie) (Topic Starter)
(Newbie) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Rose... I have spoken with them , they told me to check out the NHS website šŸ˜Š
ROSE19999
(Newbie)
Oh dear, mine were much more helpful! They made me an appointment with the pracitce nurse who looked at my vaccine records and advised which needed topping up (tetanus, polio etc if I remember correctly) and what others were optional, together with the pros and cons of each.Ā 

Ā 

alylee1
(Member)
Hi, I'm booked for this trip and have the same problem! To vaccinate or not to vaccinate! šŸ™ˆ Also, is a visa required or not?
JustDani
(Newbie)
Originally Posted by: alylee1 

Hi, I'm booked for this trip and have the same problem! To vaccinate or not to vaccinate! šŸ™ˆ Also, is a visa required or not?

@alylee1 The confusion comes from differing terminology used for entry requirements - "Visa-free" vs. "Visa Required" vs. "Visa on arrivalā€.

ā€¢ "Visa-free" indicates one can enter with just a valid passport, without obtaining a travel visa first.

ā€¢ "Visa requiredā€ denotes a visa application must be submitted prior to traveling to the destination country. UK nationals do not require visas for stays in Malaysia Borneo of up to three months.

ā€¢ "Visa on arrival" - for UK citizens, securing a Visa on arrival must be obtained upon arrival to Borneo, valid for ninety days.

Lucinda
(Member)
Hey I'm going in July - would be great to hear how your trip goes. Fit for travel is another website that's good for vaccinesĀ