Vickie
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Afternoon everyone, 

I hope you're all having a good week so far. 

I'm on the hunt for customers who have been on our River Cruises, to share your experience with us and also some photos if you have them! 

We'd like to use them in our marketing and on our social media, to show people thinking of booking a trip what to expect. 

If you'd like to help, please can you post below or email editor@justyou.co.uk

Many thanks in advance! 

Vickie

ItalyLover
(Member)
'Vickie' wrote:

Afternoon everyone, 

I hope you're all having a good week so far. 

I'm on the hunt for customers who have been on our River Cruises, to share your experience with us and also some photos if you have them! 

We'd like to use them in our marketing and on our social media, to show people thinking of booking a trip what to expect. 

If you'd like to help, please can you post below or email editor@justyou.co.uk

Many thanks in advance! 

Vickie

I know this won't be posted, but I think it's absolutely disgraceful that this is included in your Festive holidays / Spain.  I've been fighting my gut feelings to post this over social media.  Do you think Claire Sweeney @clairesweeney  would approve? Raise "valiant" bulls for fights.  Good grief!

a visit to a “Ganadería” (a property where bulls are raised), an opportunity to learn about this living symbol of Spanish culture. The Ganaderia's goal is to raise valiant bulls for the fights who will fiercely set out to attack anyone who might taunt them even slightly. We'll return on board for lunch.

Vickie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Rose,

This is fantastic to hear, thank you for sharing!

Could you tell me which experience was the highlight of the trip for you, and why?

Was there anything about the ship that you particularly liked, e.g. the meals or the cabin?

How did you find doing a river cruise as opposed to our more classic cruises with your fellow travellers, was there more chance to get to know each other etc?

Do you happen to have any photos from your trip that you'd be happy to share with us?

Many thanks,

Vickie

SarahS
(Member)
Sadly this holiday is no longer on offer
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Me too am sad that this holiday was only offered once (I think). I would have loved to go on this river cruise.

Regards

Jaya

Vickie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi ItalyLover,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

This excursion has been removed from the itinerary of all future trips and is not available in our most recent brochures or online.

The excursion, which was was run by the cruise company, visited a ‘Ganderia’, which is a type of large Spanish farm. These farms rear Bulls for competing in ‘Corridas’ - more commonly known as Bull-Fighting.

Although Bulls are the national animal of Spain, and Bull-Fighting remains a popular local tradition - especially in Andalucía, as a company we have taken the decision not to include this trip anymore due to our strict Animal Welfare Policy.

I hope this answers your question.

Many thanks,

Vickie

Vickie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Rose,

That's great to hear!

Yes, please could you email your photos to: editor@justyou.co.uk

Many thanks,

Vickie

ItalyLover
(Member)
'Vickie' wrote:

Hi ItalyLover,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

This excursion has been removed from the itinerary of all future trips and is not available in our most recent brochures or online.

The excursion, which was was run by the cruise company, visited a ‘Ganderia’, which is a type of large Spanish farm. These farms rear Bulls for competing in ‘Corridas’ - more commonly known as Bull-Fighting.

Although Bulls are the national animal of Spain, and Bull-Fighting remains a popular local tradition - especially in Andalucía, as a company we have taken the decision not to include this trip anymore due to our strict Animal Welfare Policy.

I hope this answers your question.

Many thanks,

Vickie

Blessings on you for this Vickie - and thanks for posting my comments.  I'm really very moved.  

I have been on the Venice "Michelangelo" with another tour group and loved it - the food was out of this world (French cuisine).  Midnight Mass at St Mark's Basilica!  Murano and Burano on Christmas Eve.  Superb trip.

Thanks you, thank you, for removing the Gandaria xxxx

Vickie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you ItalyLover, I'm so glad that has helped 🙂

Many thanks,

Vickie

Sue16
  • (Member)
(Member)
I am pleased about this too Vickie, well done to Just You!

Sue

sueh53
(Member)
I went on my first river cruise with Justyou last October. It was 5 nights along the Seine & it was absolutely wonderful. It was a lovely group & Tour Manager, amazing food & great service. We were blessed with some glorious Autumn weather so ideal for the organised tours or simply sitting on deck & watching the world go by. I found the experience much more relaxing & enjoyable than an ocean cruise; so much so that I have booked the Vineyards of Bordeaux cruise for August this year. I have to say that the all inclusive drinks package is a bonus!
Vickie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Sue,

Thanks very much for sending the photos, they're great 🙂

We've spoken on Facebook, but just to confirm I have passed your message on to our Customer Care team and they are working to respond to complaints about this trip ASAP.

Many thanks,

Vickie

Vickie
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Sue,

That's wonderful to hear! 🙂

Would you have any photos you'd be happy to share? If so, please can you email them to editor@justyou.co.uk

Many thanks!

Vickie