Julia
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Good Morning all,

So with the community starting the year with some technical difficulties I just wanted to drop you a quick message to primarily wish you all Happy New Year – I hope you had an enjoyable time and are ready for some wonderful adventures in 2017 and beyond.

Talking of adventures…. You may have seen the exciting announcement that Just You (and our sister company Travelsphere) have been purchased by G Adventures. Everyone here at JYHQ have been delighted to hear the news that we were going to be part of a new family. What does this mean for you…well, it’s business as usual – our holiday creators are still putting together fantastic itineraries to destinations around the globe. Our friendly holiday advisors will still be at the end of the phone to talk to you and help put your travel plans into action. And, of course the JY Community team will answer any questions you post right here! (And I haven’t even mentioned everyone else who work together to make your holidays come together).

Next weekend we’re going to be at the Telegraph Travel Show, so if any of you are at a loose end – why not come and say hello and talk to us about your travel plans. We even have some complimentary tickets available if you click on this link:

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/the-telegraph-travel-show-tickets-25258041482?discount=EXHJustYou 

I’m really looking forward to 2017, I hope you are too.

Kindest regards,

Julia

sallyc
(Member)
Hi Jules, so glad to have you back - I've been suffering severe withdrawal symptoms as I normally check the forum every hour or so (when work doesn't get in the way!). Can you let your techie peeps know that the 'view today's posts' link doesn't seem to be working.

There was a flurry of concerned emails flying around the ether when the announcment about All Leisure was made but I am so glad to hear that, at least for now, things for JY are business as usual.

Thank you also for the complimentary ticket to the Destinations Show in Feb - I have booked a photography masterclass and also plan on seeing Jan Leeming talk about her JY experiences. Incidentally I have commented on the JY Facebook page, but are we ever going to get a review from Jan as to her experience in Burma? As one of the people going on that trip in 5 weeks time I would be very interested to hear her thoughts on the trip.

Anyway, that's about it for now apart from wishing all of you at JY HQ a very Happy New Year and an exciting year of travel ahead.

Sally

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia,

Many thanks for the update and it is great to see the Community back in operation again!  Even better news regarding the takeover by G Adventures - I am sure that I speak for many customers when I say that I am very relieved that the JY and TS brands have been bought by such a reputable and respected global company and that it is very much business as usual! I look forward to travelling with JY many times in the years ahead, health willing!

A very happy new year to you and all the JY team,

Bob

Julie White
(Member)
Happy New Year Julia,

Hopefully there will be some exciting new journeys. Although I am having trouble fitting in some of your existing tours. Need more time off work!!

Best wishes Julie

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Happy New year Julia and to all at JY,

Great to see the Forum back as I was on the site when it suddenly disappeared on Wednesday and then the announcement.  It was all a bit worrying!!. However as Rose says it must have been a difficult time for you all for some weeks - thanks for keeping the service going through this when you must have wondered what the future held.

Like Rose I have already received my amended invoices and ATOL's so looking good going forward.

Best wishes

Julia
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Its great to see everyone is as positive about our new family as we are here at JYHQ!

Sally - don't forget to come and see us - It looks like I may be on the stand over the weekend and I'd love to say hello! Jan will be talking about her Burma trip at Destinations so you'll be able to hear first hand what she thought, if you've got any questions, she'll also be joining us on the stand for a couple of hours following her talk so why not come and have a chat.

For those who don't make it to the show, Jan has shared with us her experiences and we'll be getting it out on the website and in our regular mailings soon.

Kindest regard

Julia

lesley07
(Member)
Hi Julia

I was concerned when I was advised by a friend that ALH was in administration and that Just You and Travelsphere had been bought by another company. I  was, however, reassured to receive an updated ATOL certificate and invoice for my holiday in March. 

It is also good to know that jobs are secured at present.

Best wishes to you all for 2017

Lesley

TonyW
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi happy new year Julia and all at Just You and all readers

Glad G Adventures have saved Just You and Travelsphere. Both great companies. Started with Travelsphere in 1994 then change to Just You when it started . Been on over 30 holidays. All good , good groups and good tour managers . Always had help when ringing up office.

Hope G Adventures remember if it ain't broke don't fix it.

Regards

TonyW

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello All,

Happy New Year to you all. Bit of a horrible shock 2 days ago to be told that I am not going to tick Giverney and Guernsey off of my To Do list by the cancellation of Voyages of Discovery. So sad. I was planning on that day to send off my passport and insurance details 😞 Having trouble with ABTA as I have a claim number- waiting for a password.

So pleased that JY has been saved. The big brochure has been delivered and I am torn about New Zealand in October. Until Shimla is included in the Indian tour, that is my next grand adventure 🙂 

Jan

mikew
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia,

It's great to have the community page back up and running again. However, I thought you should know that when I try to select either of the first two options 'Say hello to other single travellers' or 'Ask your editor' I get taken back to the JY home page. I can select the latest post (on the RHS of the screen) in either of these categories but nothing else.

The remaining categories, 'Travel Tips' 'Reviews' and 'From Just You' are working OK and all posts can be accessed. I wonder if anyone else is experiencing this problem?

Just thought I'd let you know in case your IT team were not aware of this.

Cheers and Happy New Year to all

Mike

Julia
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Mike W,

Thanks for letting us know.... I'll let the IT/web team know and see if there is a bit of a bug still in the system.

If anyone else if experiencing any problems - please drop us a message.

Kindest regards,

Julia

AbbaDave
(Member)
Hi Mike

all working fine here with me, no problems on the abbadave forum lol

Dave

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Julia

Happy New Year to you and everyone at Just You. I was a bit shocked when I heard on BBC1 News about All Leisure Travel but I was not panicking as they only mentioned the cruise holidays. Glad to know that Just You and Travelsphere will carry on as normal as I have a long list of holidays and it keeps on growing. Here's to many more years with Just You!

Best wishes

Jaya

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Rose,

Your story about your friend is a bit worrying seeing as I found out by a report on the radio on 4th January. No one has rung me with another cruise. I have had to apply to ABTA for my deposit back of £300. I have a claim number, still waiting on a password 😠 

Jan