JY Alicia
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi All

Hope you all had a great Easter ?

Myself and the team are looking forward to 2016 and this week we are looking at potential new city breaks , id love to hear your comments on featuring tours to lesser known cities?

A couple of ideas have come to mind; Gdansk, Thessaloniki, Zagreb, Athens , Bratislava , Innsbruck and Tallinn. to name a few .

Id love to hear your thoughts

Thank you

Alicia

Roamer
(Member)
Athens would be the only one that appeals to me.

Sorry but the others sound more like stag weekend destinations to me !!

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi y'all,

Zagreb and Bratislava jump out for me. Zagreb is beautiful but an extensive tour is not included in any of the current Croatia tours!

Keep up the good work team!

Mark

katy1717
(Member)
Hi Alicia, sorry to say none of the cities you listed would interest me. Would be interested in maybe Bordeaux, Biarritz or maybe some other French towns/cities. (Am booked to do the walking tour based in Nice later this month, never been to that part of France.) Also would be interested in any Italian trips - still lots of places here on my wishlist - top is Padua. But I think a lot of the one week holidays you run in Europe would include day trips to some of the smaller cities (eg the Costa de la Luz trip goes to Seville) which may be enough so I wouldn't really want a 4 day trip just focussed on that city.

Katy

Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Alicia

I would quite like to see Gdansk or anywhere else in Poland like Zakopane and the Tatra mountains included in the brochures and Tallin!

What about Munich? I know it was included in last year's festive brochure. Munich does have much to offer. One of my favourite cities.

Kind regards

Di

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Alicia

Sorry it's a NOT interested from me.

I do like the idea of City breaks but I would rather put my money into a longer tour.

The two city breaks I have done with Hubby have been Barcelona and Prague enjoyed both of them.

Cindy

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
'JY wrote:

Hi All

Hope you all had a great Easter ?

Myself and the team are looking forward to 2016 and this week we are looking at potential new city breaks , id love to hear your comments on featuring tours to lesser known cities?

A couple of ideas have come to mind; Gdansk, Thessaloniki, Zagreb, Athens , Bratislava , Innsbruck and Tallinn. to name a few .

Id love to hear your thoughts

Thank you

Alicia

Hi Alicia,

At the moment I'm trying to cram in a couple of long haul or extended Euro trips a year so am unlikely to be doing many city breaks, but who knows what the future may bring! I am however thinking of Dubai (or the TS Jewels of Arabia tour) if not this year, then for a year or two down the road. Out of your suggested list, I would say Thessaloniki and Tallinn would interest me - hopefully I'll be visiting Zagreb in Sept as part of the TS Balkan peninsula tour and I have my eye on the TS Grand Baltic Explorer tour as well. I don't know anything much about Gdansk apart from the Solidarity protests there in the 80s, Athens doesn't have a great reputation (pollution and oppressive heat), Bratislava is meant to be pretty and I love Innsbruck, although it's been 20 years since I was there! I hope you get better feedback than mine on this one!

All the best,

Bob

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Di

I went on a JY tour to Poland a few!!! Years ago, we stayed in Zakopane and the Tatra Mountains,it was beautiful.

Cindy

Bosuncat
(Member)
Hi Di! :thumbup:

I wish Poland was included too!

As for Zagreb well I've flown into it twice now 🙂 and never had a chance to see the city. So I agree with Mark that would be interesting.

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello All,

Bratislava, Innsbruck and Tallinn sound wonderful and I have to agree Munich would be on my list. I would have to add Heidelberg and Rudesheim in Germany, Alsace and its wine region in France plus Arnhem in Holland.

Jan

Mick W
(Member)
Some great suggestions but for me personally European City Breaks with JY dont appeal due to Cost and getting to London for what is only a 3 night break.

I tend to use my Avios points to do City breaks an in recent years I've done Budapest, Lisbon & Barcelona, have also just booked Berlin for August this year. I tend to go for 5 night breaks (Thurs to Tues) doing this way.

I appreciate others prefer to go with a group, like i do with longer holidays but as an experieced traveller i actually enjoy planning my own city break and working out the local transport systems.

Need to save my pennies for the other holidays I do with JY, got a couple of biggies this year.

Talking Cities one trip that would interest me would be to do all 3 Baltic capitals on one trip (2/3 nights in each). Riga, Tallin & Villinus are places I'd like to visit.

Mick

Alison O
(Member)
The cities i would most like to visit are Bordeux, Stockholm and Copenhagen. Out of the ones you mentioned my preference would be Athens although i don't think i'd be interested enough to book a trip. Hope this helps.

Alison

RosieMo
(Member)
I like Mick's idea of the Baltic capitals. From your list, I'd like to visit Tallinn and Zagreb. Been to Athens (for the Olympics back in 2004!) and Innsbruck (skiing).

Can I ask that you schedule City breaks at weekends if possible?

Thanks!

Bosuncat
(Member)
I meant to mention I like the idea of Munich too, if there was a chance to see a bit more of Bavaria too.

Can I put forward Milan again too!?! 😛

AbbaDave
(Member)
Hi

myself would love to go to Vienna, Munich and Stockholm so that I could visit the abba museum, however I too would not put £700 - £800 into a 3 or 4 night city break, rather do the long haul with JY/Travelsphere and anything shorter put together myself

regards

Dave

Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Cindy

I also did a tour of Poland years ago with my husband.

Enjoyed the tour hence choice of Gdansk,but Krakow would be good too.-could include the Tatras,Zakopane, salt mines which are absolutely amazing and even Auschwitz!

Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bosuncat

Perhaps I should see more of Zagreb, too, after flying there last year.

You can certainly see more of Bavaria if you have a few days in Munich-the Alps and go to the top of the Zugspitze even. Then there are the castles, the most famous being

Neuschwanstein. The Disney castle was modelled on this.

Hope to meet up again on another trip

Best wishes

Di

Dina
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Dave

Stockholm and Vienna would probably be on my list of city breaks

Best wishes

DD

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Dina' wrote:

Hi Cindy

I also did a tour of Poland years ago with my husband.

Enjoyed the tour hence choice of Gdansk,but Krakow would be good too.-could include the Tatras,Zakopane, salt mines which are absolutely amazing and even Auschwitz!

Dina

The JY tour to Poland was a few years ago now, I went on it for the main reason to visit the concentration camps as it was something I felt I needed to see, haunting and heartbreaking. Kraków and the salt mines were on the itinery for this tour and then we ended up in Zakopane and the beautiful mountains, great views and tour, as a vegetarian I got served some weird meals!

JY Alicia
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you very much everyone for your feedback, some great ideas and thoughts which will definitely help us select some new city breaks for 2016..... as always watch this space 🙂