siamese18
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
This is the bit that terrifies me and stops me booking a holiday - I soooo want to try the 15 day Kenya trip BUT just getting from home to Heathrow puts the fear of God in me!!! Help please, I don't want to be such a (to use the modern idiom) WUS!! Would love to hear from anyone who travels a distance to the given airport. :s
RogertheRed
(Member)
I have travelled from the Lake District to both Heathrow and Gatwick by rail. Takes 4 hours, much quicker than driving and after taking into account petrol and parking no more costly and far more relaxing. If you can pick up cheap tickets through The Train Line even better.
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
having been on the Kenya Safari with add in when I went it was amazing, so if you can sort out getting to and from LHR please go for it if at all possible.

Is there a train or coach way you could link up with LHR, I do hope so.

Cindy

the_baron1
(Member)
'siamese18' wrote:

This is the bit that terrifies me and stops me booking a holiday - I soooo want to try the 15 day Kenya trip BUT just getting from home to Heathrow puts the fear of God in me!!! Help please, I don't want to be such a (to use the modern idiom) WUS!! Would love to hear from anyone who travels a distance to the given airport. :s

Most airports are served by National Express coaches and JY do a discount system with National Express so it could not be easier.

They depart from most towns and some villages so you will be close to a pick up point. Then it's left to the driver who will deliver you to your airport . No hassel of changing trains, parking etc. Then reverse on your way home. What could be easier.

Book your journey for the National Express coach at the same time as booking your holiday. You will receive a booking reference for National Express, ring them up quoting this and book your travel times with them. I always leave the return journey open and when leaving the airport update my return ticket.

Hope this helps

Eric.

MARIE W
(Member)
I also live in the Merseyside area and travelled to China from Gatwick for my first holiday with Just You in August. I arranged to travel down the day before and booked a National Express return ticket and Premier Inn room through Just You and would definitely do this again. You could do the same to travel to Heathrow. The coach picked me up from my home town and dropped me off directly at Gatwick airport and the Premier Inn was literally 5 minutes' walk away. Don't let this part of the journey put you off booking your dream trip; make it part of your holiday - I took my kindle and a few magazines and the time flew by; the coach down was only half full and there was plenty of room. I hope you take the plunge and book your holiday. If I can help in any other way please ask. Marie
Auntie D
(Member)
'the_baron1' wrote:

'siamese18' wrote:

Most airports are served by National Express coaches and JY do a discount system with National Express so it could not be easier.

They depart from most towns and some villages so you will be close to a pick up point. Then it's left to the driver who will deliver you to your airport . No hassel of changing trains, parking etc. Then reverse on your way home. What could be easier.

Book your journey for the National Express coach at the same time as booking your holiday. You will receive a booking reference for National Express, ring them up quoting this and book your travel times with them. I always leave the return journey open and when leaving the airport update my return ticket.

Hope this helps

Eric.

Morning Siamese18,

I, too, live in this area and have taken several JY holidays departing from Heathrow. I took a shuttle from Manchester to Heathrow and then made my way (on the airport buses if from a different Terminal at Heathrow) to the departure Terminal. It sounds complicated but it isn't really. I'm sure the JY office would be able to help you, so give Customer Services a ring!

Do please book your trip and have a wonderful time.

Denise

:thumbup::thumbup: