carolcrewe
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I live in Crewe so would normally fly from Manchester.  However, I have been looking at the Rocky Mountaineer holiday and that only flies from Heathrow.  I  have never been to Heathrow before - does anyone have any advice re parking, staying over, etc?  Don't really want to travel up to Manchester and then fly down to London first. 

Many thanks,

RogertheRed
(Member)
Hi, Personally as you live in Crewe on the West Coast main line I'd take the train to Euston and then the tube to Heathrow (change at Green Park). But if you're going down by car and have to stay overnight Premier Inn (of which there are 2 in close proximity) usually do good deals on stay/park. Hope this is helpful.

Regards,

Roger

DavidG
(Member)
Hello Carol,

Two alternatives: I have used Premier Inn on the Uxbridge Road which has a Purple Parking park nearby, or some of the stay and park packages near Heathrow can be attractive. This year I am staying at the Holiday Inn which is on the airport's shuttle service.

I went on the Rocky Mountaineer holiday years ago and you are in for a treat! Grewat views in all directions.

AbbaDave
(Member)
Hi Carol

There are lots of hotels along Bath Road, Heathrow but you have to get the shuttle bus to get to some of them around £9 return, the Premier Inn Bath Road is very good if you can get a good price then all depends on which terminal, another option of getting to LHR from Crewe would be to either go all the way by train or take the train to Wolverhampton or Birmingham then the National Express coach do good deals

a few more options there for you to think about

Regards

Dave

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Carol,

I use National Express which is easy and cheap to do from Fareham where I live. This drops me off at the Bus Station which is then an easy walk to most of the Terminals. I think that the shuttles only go from Terminal 2 onwards to the hotels and other Terminals. I used Park Hotel on the one time that I had an early flight- which Just You changed after I had booked hotel to a later flight. Shall have to look at October and when the bus leaves Fareham at stupid o'clock for arrival at Heathrow to book in for a 9.30 am flight to Singapore 😉 or book a hotel again.

Jan

Mick W
(Member)
Carol,

If the holiday is after May there is a new Premier Inn opening which will be connected to terminal 4 with a covered walkway.

You can use free trains to link to other terminals from T4.

Currently they are taking bookings at a very good introductory rate if you can book in advance. Just paid £34 for a holiday in June which is excellent for Heathrow hotels.

On another note lots of the hotels along Bath Road (up to Harlington corner) are in the free flow area so service buses to and from the terminals are free, you can find a map and timetables online with a quick Google search.

Sometimes can get decent flight/parking deals with holiday extras but like said earlier train is often best bet especially if you can get discount tickets (usually 12 weeks prior to trip is best time to book)

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thank you Mick for the information on Premier Inn. Well worth knowing about if it is that close to walking 🙂 

Jan