intrepid traveller
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi. Recently stayed at the Thistle at Heathrow. Probably not the cheapest but a really good experience. Had delicious evening meal in the Runway View Restaurant and then went on to the terrace for some plane spotting. THEN the real treat was to ride on the Pod directly into terminal 5. It costs an extra £5 on top of the hotel charges but for me it was worth every penny.  Brilliant start to holiday.
grannyannie53
(Member)
Hi

I am looking for a Heathrow hotel and was really interested to hear of these PODs. Thistle has gone to my number 1 choice and it doesn't seem much more expensive than others. We have an early morning flight so the quicker we can get to terminal the better

Is there a timetable or are there a number of them that run in a loop? How many people with luggage does each take?

They certainly sound like a better option than Hoppa bus for the same price

Thanks in advance

intrepid traveller
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'grannyannie53' wrote:

Hi

I am looking for a Heathrow hotel and was really interested to hear of these PODs. Thistle has gone to my number 1 choice and it doesn't seem much more expensive than others. We have an early morning flight so the quicker we can get to terminal the better

Is there a timetable or are there a number of them that run in a loop? How many people with luggage does each take?

They certainly sound like a better option than Hoppa bus for the same price

Thanks in advance

Hi, there are lots of Pods and they trundle along very frequently.  Probably get 4 plus luggage in each. They stop on car park level 2 and the lift to departures is right there.  There is a website about the Pods.

Kezzer46
(Member)
Wow these look like great fun. Unluckily for me (or is that lucky) I live fairly close to Heathrow, but I am tempted to book an overnight stay in the Thistle just so I can ride in one of the pods 🙂
intrepid traveller
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Kezzer46' wrote:

Wow these look like great fun.  Unluckily for me (or is that lucky) I live fairly close to Heathrow, but I am  tempted to book an overnight stay in the Thistle just so I can ride in one of the pods :)

Good news, you can have a return on ride the Pod from car park level 2 you do not have to stay overnight. £10 return