TonyW
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi all

Can I remind everyone to pick official gov site when applying or renewing EHIC card. Just renewed mine . Pick on site noticed on steps todo one of steps said payment . I Know you don't have to pay for card, but filled in form for fun it wanted me to pay £29.75. So got off site and found official gov site.

Happy travelling to all

Tony W

ann j
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Hi wrote:

Hi all

Can I remind everyone to pick official gov site when applying or renewing EHIC card. Just renewed mine . Pick on site noticed on steps todo one of steps said payment . I Know you don't have to pay for card, but filled in form for fun it wanted me to pay £29.75. So got off site and found official gov site.

Happy travelling to all

Tony W

Hi Tony. I had same problem as you but got it sorted easy enough. You have to be so carefull, Ann J

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks Tony for the heads up.  Unfortunately this applies to most documents these day - a friend of mine got stung on her driving licence in the same way.
daveJB
(Member)
Hi Tony and everyone,

This has prompted me to check my EHI card and what do I find? yes expired, so thank you Tony.

I have now applied for a new one.

Dave.

Recordermusic
(Member)
Will the EHIC card still be relevent after we have left the EU? I'm not sure it's worth renewing.
Eljay
  • (Member)
(Member)
I had a similar problem when I made an appointment for a fast track passport. The first site would have cost me an extra £23 just to make the appointment. It's sad but true that you have to look very carefully to ensure you are on official sites.
d17
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Recordermusic' wrote:

Will the EHIC card still be relevent after we have left the EU?  I'm not sure it's worth renewing.

Probably not but as it doesn't cost to renew it why not renew it ??? keeps your options open if you do decide to pop over to Europe for a quick holiday !

Kezzer46
(Member)
I also renewed my card... it could take a couple of years before we leave the EU
magpie10
(Member)
Hi,

I agree, it's always best to use the gov.uk site for anything like EHIC, and also for up to date travel advice for the country you are visiting ?.

Regards

Caroline

SamanthaC
(Member)
'Recordermusic' wrote:

Will the EHIC card still be relevent after we have left the EU?  I'm not sure it's worth renewing.

It is if it's free! It could take years before we're out.