1981Kedi
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi fellow travellers and Heathrow hotel "experts"

For the first time I have to fly from Terminal 3.

When I have flown from Terminal 5 I have stayed at the Premier Inn 420 Bath Road (comfy,convenient and I know where it is!) and caught the free local bus to Terminal 5 - just a few minutes away.

Any suggestions please for a Terminal 3 departure?

Have tried to work out the local maps etc but failed miserably. :blush:

If I stay at the same hotel does the free bus go to T3? or is there a better option.

Many thanks in advance

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
The free bus you will have caught was a No423, sadly thats the only bus that goes past the Premier inn gates and doesn't go to heathrow central bus station (for terms 1 & 3). However the A4 (still called Bath Road) which is at other side of your hotel and joins at end of road (colnbrook bypass) has buses 75 & 76 plus possibly others that you can catch(its in the free flow area.

Not sure where the nearest stop is though so maybe a short walk.

To be honest i go for other hotels along Bath road (A4) between where you are and Harlington corner as you can get everywhere (all terms) from them and all in the freeflow area.

From top of my head these are the hotels i'd go for depending on best deal - Arora, Holiday Inn, Park Inn, Renaisance, Sheraton Skyline, Radisson Edwardian.

http://micks-travels.blogspot.co.uk/ 

Just select Heathrow or Handy Tips from the pick lists in the r/h column.

Dont know if you want Hotel and Parking but can get some excellent deals, when i go to Slovenia for a week in May got 4 star hotel (park inn) & parking for only £62, and £71 when i go to America (two weeks parking & same hotel) in november.

Hope it helps

Mick

pottingshead
(Member)
'1981Kedi' wrote:

When I have flown from Terminal 5 I have stayed at the Premier Inn 420 Bath Road (comfy,convenient and I know where it is!) and caught the free local bus to Terminal 5 - just a few minutes away.

If I stay at the same hotel does the free bus go to T3? or is there a better option.

Many thanks in advance

hi i just got back from the NYC trip and i stayed at the Premier inn T3 very nice . rosie

Bosuncat
(Member)
I'm staying at the HI on Bath Road/Sipson Way for Slovenia in May. I know that is pretty convenient for Terminal 3. I've paid £57 for the night but that is without parking as I don't need it.
1981Kedi
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Mick wrote:

The free bus you will have caught was a No423, sadly thats the only bus that goes past the Premier inn gates and doesn't go to heathrow central bus station (for terms 1 & 3). However the A4 (still called Bath Road) which is at other side of your hotel and joins at end of road (colnbrook bypass) has buses 75 & 76 plus possibly others that you can catch(its in the free flow area.

Not sure where the nearest stop is though so maybe a short walk.

To be honest i go for other hotels along Bath road (A4) between where you are and Harlington corner as you can get everywhere (all terms) from them and all in the freeflow area.

From top of my head these are the hotels i'd go for depending on best deal - Arora, Holiday Inn, Park Inn, Renaisance, Sheraton Skyline, Radisson Edwardian.

http://micks-travels.blogspot.co.uk/ 

Just select Heathrow or Handy Tips from the pick lists in the r/h column.

Dont know if you want Hotel and Parking but can get some excellent deals, when i go to Slovenia for a week in May got 4 star hotel (park inn) & parking for only £62, and £71 when i go to America (two weeks parking & same hotel) in november.

Hope it helps

Mick

Hi Mick

Thanks for the very full answer. I always find the pre holiday decisions challenging! Too many things to take into account and choose from.

Have looked at your Blogsite and can honestly say I am amazed! I haven't even sorted my holiday photos from 2007 let alone the notes I made!

Confident you will have a wonderful holiday in Slovenia - I was there for Christmas and would love to return. Also thinking of another US holiday this year - really wanting at least 14 days - anything less and it is a long way to travel for fewer days, especially west coast, allowing for the days spent in transit. Having said that I did a 4 nighter in New York with friends December 2012 - amazing!!!!!!:thumb up:

Thanks again

1981Kedi
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'pottingshead' wrote:

[

hi i just got back from the NYC trip and i stayed at the Premier inn T3 very nice . rosie

Hi Rosie

Thanks for your reply. How far was the T3 Premier Inn - did you catch the free bus? Don't know why I worry so much!:rolleyes:

Bet you had a wonderful time in NYC - so much to see and do - been twice now and would love to go back again.

Thanks again

1981Kedi
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

I'm staying at the HI on Bath Road/Sipson Way for Slovenia in May. I know that is pretty convenient for Terminal 3. I've paid £57 for the night but that is without parking as I don't need it.

Thanks for that. I have stayed at a few Holiday Inns so that could be an option this time. Price seems reasonable too (for LHR hotels that is!)

If I can't persuade a friend to do the dreaded M25, I use the National Express from Gatwick to LHR - with the senior pass - if you travel more than twice it soon pays for itself.

To stop me being jealous of all JY travellers going to Slovenia in May I have booked to go on a tour of the Balkans……...:)

Bosuncat
(Member)
'1981Kedi' wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

Thanks for that. I have stayed at a few Holiday Inns so that could be an option this time. Price seems reasonable too (for LHR hotels that is!)

If I can't persuade a friend to do the dreaded M25, I use the National Express from Gatwick to LHR - with the senior pass - if you travel more than twice it soon pays for itself.

To stop me being jealous of all JY travellers going to Slovenia in May I have booked to go on a tour of the Balkans……...:)

I have use it a couple of times in the past when I have had early morning flights out to Detroit. As HI's go is good and the staff are really nice. I travel down from Nottingham by National Express and Heathrow is always an easier option for me than Gatwick.

I've been to Slovenia(that part of what was Yugoslavia) a couple of times in the distant past and I am very fond of it as I always was of Croatia. It was lovely to go back to Rabac a couple of years ago and find it hardly changed. 🙂

1981Kedi
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Just to say - after all the excitement of anticipating my first trip out of Terminal 3 it is now going from Terminal 2! Thanks for all the hotel and transport info ……….

However I have today booked the Premier Inn 15 Bath Road - not my usual one at T5 - but at £29 (without parking) for the night I couldn't refuse! I think it is just outside the free flow bus route but even adding on a bus fare its not bad value :thumbup:

AbbaDave
(Member)
Hi, if your comfortable with the Terminal 5 area why don't you stay at your usual hotel, Premier Inn on Bath Road, and catch the free hopper to Term 3 for your flight or jump on the Train, i believe that's free from terminal to terminal, and also depending what time yopur flight is day or night

Dave

astronomer55
(Member)
'1981Kedi' wrote:

Many thanks in advance

Whatever you do don't stay at the Travelodge, it's in a very dodgy area on the Bath Rd.