brownowl
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, I just thought I would share my experience on being a solo traveller with Travelsphere.

I was booked on the Parks and Canyons tour with Just You for September, but it was cancelled due to lack of bookings. I was offered other dates,but was unable to do those dates due to work commitments. Rather than have no holiday at all I decided to go with Travelsphere.

I was the only solo traveller on the tour, most of the others were couples, and there were two friends travelling together. I, personally, don't mind being on my own, and I do enjoy my own company, but I did get invited by some of the couples to join them, and the two friends were lovely. I did team up with them on several occasions, including meals etc.. However, I did find some of the couples a little " stand-offish" and seemed to be holding onto their husbands very tightly, for some reason!

Our tour guide was fantastic, and I did have the most fantastic holiday, and that was partly due to the company of the two girls I met, and partly due to the fact that I could spend a lot of time on my own, without offending anyone or appearing to be "distant", but if you like company all the time, this tour would have been difficult. I, personally, would not hesitate to go with Travelsphere again.

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Brownowl

Thanks for sharing your experience. There may come a time when I too may decide to travel with Travelshpere if they offer a destination I want to visit and is not offered by Just You. I can only guess that either the wives holding on to their husbands very tightly did not trust them, perhaps had a reason not to or their relationship was not very secure! This would not bother me as at the end of the day it is their loss for not mixing with fellow travellers.

Jaya