Craig99
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
My Personal review of Just You

Just you Holiday Company were great, they sorted out everything including the visa and the holiday booking and everything, so it was easy,

My Holiday with them was to Kenya Africa, on a Safari and the Mombasa add on,

But first I want to say is that I won’t be using this company again, which is not just You fault, but mine for not looking in to this correctly,

Again the holiday was great I saw lots of animals, but most of the people on the trip were over 60 and close to 80 years old, which I did not have a problem with, but it is nice to be with somebody my own age, as I’m in my 30’s, but I was very lucky as there was a girl on the trip close to my age, so because of this, this made it an amazing holiday, as I had somebody to talk to, close to my age, also its mainly woman on these holidays,

But if she was not there, then everybody would have been 30 or 40 years older than me, and everybody went to bed early, very early, so if it was not for the other person my age, I would have either stayed up alone, or went to bed early,

So, if you’re under 40 years old, maybe have a look around at other companies, as I have now found another company that does holidays for people between 20 and 40, as I’m going to south Africa next,

But apart from the age gap, the holiday was amazing, the safari was amazing, lots of animals, and I saw all the big cats I wanted to see,

There was a lot of driving, up to 9 hours per day, but well worth it, and some of the road were so bumpy, as I’m taller, I did hit my head on the roof, which was funny,

The tour guide Damian Stent, Amazing person, I really liked him,

Ive added a few things you may want to know,

Everyday involves getting up about 5am, and there is lots of driving I a jeep with other people, it gets hot, not a lot of toilet breaks if you drink water,

I personally did not like the food in the hotel,

You share the rooms with somebody of the same sex, unless you pay extra, maybe £400

There is lots of dusk while driving and lots of pollution while going though the city or Nairobi,

But this was a great holiday, but I just need people my own again,

Also the Mombasa add on is not worth booking, I really did not like this, the staff in the hotel were very rude, the food was not nice, nothing happens at night, no entertainment, I was alone most of the time, as the people I went with were over 60, and did not want to do anything I wanted to do, and there was no other English people in the hotel, so don’t waste your money on Mombasa,

Thanks for reading this,

Enjoy your holiday,

jintzky
(Member)
'Craig99' wrote:

My Personal review of Just You

Just you Holiday Company were great, they sorted out everything including the visa and the holiday booking and everything, so it was easy,

My Holiday with them was to Kenya Africa, on a Safari and the Mombasa add on,

But first I want to say is that I won’t be using this company again, which is not just You fault, but mine for not looking in to this correctly,

Again the holiday was great I saw lots of animals, but most of the people on the trip were over 60 and close to 80 years old, which I did not have a problem with, but it is nice to be with somebody my own age, as I’m in my 30’s, but I was very lucky as there was a girl on the trip close to my age, so because of this, this made it an amazing holiday, as I had somebody to talk to, close to my age, also its mainly woman on these holidays,

But if she was not there, then everybody would have been 30 or 40 years older than me, and everybody went to bed early, very early, so if it was not for the other person my age, I would have either stayed up alone, or went to bed early,

So, if you’re under 40 years old, maybe have a look around at other companies, as I have now found another company that does holidays for people between 20 and 40, as I’m going to south Africa next,

But apart from the age gap, the holiday was amazing, the safari was amazing, lots of animals, and I saw all the big cats I wanted to see,

There was a lot of driving, up to 9 hours per day, but well worth it, and some of the road were so bumpy, as I’m taller, I did hit my head on the roof, which was funny,

The tour guide Damian Stent, Amazing person, I really liked him,

Ive added a few things you may want to know,

Everyday involves getting up about 5am, and there is lots of driving I a jeep with other people, it gets hot, not a lot of toilet breaks if you drink water,

I personally did not like the food in the hotel,

You share the rooms with somebody of the same sex, unless you pay extra, maybe £400

There is lots of dusk while driving and lots of pollution while going though the city or Nairobi,

But this was a great holiday, but I just need people my own again,

Also the Mombasa add on is not worth booking, I really did not like this, the staff in the hotel were very rude, the food was not nice, nothing happens at night, no entertainment, I was alone most of the time, as the people I went with were over 60, and did not want to do anything I wanted to do, and there was no other English people in the hotel, so don’t waste your money on Mombasa,

Thanks for reading this,

Enjoy your holiday,

I can fully understand where you are coming from!  I am in my 60's and even found  on my last break the age group were too old!! And staid.  And Unadventurous!  There are plenty of holiday companies out there so I do hope you have found the right one and enjoy your next adventure!!

PaulaH
(Member)
I'm glad overall you enjoyed this trip (well I think you did) but it's a shame you feel that way about the age group of the company.

I did the Kenya safari as my first JY trip in 2016 when I was 36 - I was the youngest on the trip but this didn't impact on how much I enjoyed it, and I made some amazing friends on that trip, some of which are 20 /30 years older than me and who I still meet up with now - age I'd just a number after all. I have done two other trips since that one, again I was the youngest and I have two more booked.

I have looked at other companies but always go back to JY for the options and what's included.

I hope you don't completely rule out JY just because of one trip. I have met many people who would quite happily trial the local bars!!

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Craig

I have done this tour in the past and loved it, I was about 50 when I did.

It’s a shame you didn’t ring up or post on here what the age range and M/F ratio was before making your booking.

I started using JY in 2006 I know I am older than you but I was 47 when I started I have done approx 13 tours travelling around the world, age is a number, and I would never be put off by being away with older people, they are great fun they can out walk/talk/drink many of the younger people, The youngest in my tour group has been 20 and the oldest pushing 80...

I am glad you have found a younger tour group and hope your happy with them.

Cindy

Craig99
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I really did enjoy the holiday, it was amazing, i just wish i looked into this more and learnt the age range, its only because im so used to going to places like Ibiza and Tenerife, but i was lucky that that was one person closer to my age on this trip, but again, i would avoid Mombasa, so boring, i thought it be a fun holiday, but there was nobody else there,

again no problems with just you, they are very good,

but im looking forward to trying this new company for south Africa with white water rafting etc,

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Craig

Hope the new company is to your taste. I think if you are used to going to places like Ibiza and Tenerife than, of course, Just You holiday would be like an 'alien' to you! I personally do not mind what age my travelling companions are. I have been on trips where the older ones were more fun - they seem to have more energy than the younger ones! When I did the Kenya trip we had a couple of young girls and they had a great time with the older people. I personally loved the food served in the lodges and the Nairobi hotel.

Kind regards

Jaya

Hils
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Craig,

I first did this tour 10 years ago and it started my love of Africa. I went to see the wildlife, experience the culture and try the food. At that time JY's customers were on average 55-60 - we were probably the only ones who could afford their holidays then! I have noticed over the last few years that the age group has got younger and younger, depending on which tour you pick. In terms of safaris, the reason everyone went to bed "very early" was because you have to be up "very early" in order to see the game, as this is when they are the most active.

I went to Tanzania with another singles company last year (who I will not be using again, but they might suit you!) and all they wanted to do was stay up in the bar all night, and didn't seem that excited by the wildlife (which is surely the reason for going?!). Even the "tour leader" fell asleep in the jeep when we were surrounded by lions and cubs!!

There are a lot of companies out there who may be more to your liking, but if you want to go away with like-minded people who have a passion for travelling/wildlife/culture/local food etc. and want to be looked after as a solo traveller, then you should maybe consider JY in the future.

Cheers,

Hils

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Hils

I can't believe the tour leader falling asleep in the jeep when you were surrounded by lions and cubs! You don't get to see such sights often.

Regards

Jaya

AbbaDave
(Member)
falling asleep in the jeep lol that sounds a bit like me, ho ho

and someone capturing the moment on their camera!!!