intrepid traveller
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Fellow Forumites.   Just home from Andalucia.  Had a brilliant week.  There have been previous reviews so I will just give you a few tips .........

1.  After retrieving your bags at Malaga airport you will exit to what appears to be a large public concourse and its easy to think that you have missed Baggage Reclaim you haven’t  -  this is the Baggage Reclaim.  Just look for the big screen. 

2.  The Hotel has a very good Library of novels in English

3.   You will receive a list of Hotel information.  One of the items says that guests will have to pay for the use of the fridge in the room.  On our tour the fridges were not locked but they open from the left.  Quite a few of us didn’t discover this until late in the week. 

4.  The local Suoermarket is very near the hotel and well stocked.

5.   Decaf coffee is widely available but not so decaf tea so you would do well to take a supply of bags.

6.   You must not miss the Wednesday Market or the Wednesday Flamenco Dancing in the Grandstand in the Square.  Chocolate making in the Chocolate Factory is great fun. Their ice cream is delicious.    

7.   If you go on the Gibraltar trip it’s a good idea to take some euros as well as sterling. 

8.   The Ferris Wheel in Malaga will reward you with beautiful views.  

9.   There is quite a climb down to the beach at Nerja so you need to leave plenty of time if going for a paddle or swim.  

10.   Hope you enjoy your week as much as I did, or even more.

Bosuncat
(Member)
'intrepid traveller' wrote:

Hi Fellow Forumites.   Just home from Andalucia.  Had a brilliant week.  There have been previous reviews so I will just give you a few tips .........

1.  After retrieving your bags at Malaga airport you will exit to what appears to be a large public concourse and its easy to think that you have missed Baggage Reclaim you haven’t  -  this is the Baggage Reclaim.  Just look for the big screen. 

3.   You will receive a list of Hotel information.  One of the items says that guests will have to pay for the use of the fridge in the room.  On our tour the fridges were not locked but they open from the left.  Quite a few of us didn’t discover this until late in the week. 

5.   Decaf coffee is widely available but not so decaf tea so you would do well to take a supply of bags.

6.   You must not miss the Wednesday Market or the Wednesday Flamenco Dancing in the Grandstand in the Square.  Chocolate making in the Chocolate Factory is great fun. Their ice cream is delicious.    

7.   If you go on the Gibraltar trip it’s a good idea to take some euros as well as sterling. 

9.   There is quite a climb down to the beach at Nerja so you need to leave plenty of time if going for a paddle or swim.  

Hi there.

It's one I have looked at many times, but I have always been put off with comments on the food being poor at the hotel, and also with my mobility issues, lots of steps in the hotel etc.

Pleased to read that you had a good time.   🙂

intrepid traveller
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Yes, I think you are probably wise to avoid this trip if you have mobility issues. You would be ok in the hotel because I am sure that you could ask for and be allocated a room on a floor with lift access. However, to even get to and from the coach there is a flight of steps or a slope. The walk into town is short but up hill. On some of the trips the walks involved are a bit of a challenge. Many of the pavements are cobbled. You could of course use taxis.
intrepid traveller
(Member) (Topic Starter)
PS just wanted to add to my tips that if you are addicted to reading an English Newspaper whilst on holiday, as I am, they can be obtained at the local petrol station. Just turn right at the top of the slope outside the hotel and it is just past the hardware shop.
intrepid traveller
(Member) (Topic Starter)
PS just wanted to add to my tips that if you are addicted to reading an English Newspaper whilst on holiday, as I am, they can be obtained at the local petrol station. Just turn right at the top of the slope outside the hotel and it is just past the hardware shop.
Corril
(Member)
'intrepid traveller' wrote:

Hi

Thanks for the info.  Booked for 1st November, looking forward to it

Linda