Christine Davis
(Member) (Topic Starter)
My first JY holiday guided by lovely Aideen. I wasnt too sure what to expect but the whole experience was easy and stress free.

Most of the party met on the flight to Verona and going through the airport was problem free. 

We had a good mix of people in the group 30s through to 80s, all good to talk too.

On arrival Aideen was easy to find and we were transported to the Hotel Leon d'oro. 

Lovely hotel, typically Italian, very courteous helpful staff. No complaints about cleanliness either, the person who looked after my room was very thorough.

Food was good in the Hotel, huge selection at breakfast (lovely coffee).

I did the Lake Garda trip and Valpolicella winery , both were very enjoyable, especially the winery. Beautiful scenery and lots of information from Aideen, very knowledgeable lady.

The opera. ....... well.... fabulous, I had the seats on the steps, with cushions. The whole evening was exquisite,  open air, warm, glass of wine wonderful. It may have been the cheap seats but it just added to the whole experience.

Highly recommend this trip if you like opera and wine , you will return loving both.

I am now looking for my next trip with JY.

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Christine

Thank you for the review. At the moment I am concentrating on long haul holidays but would like to do this trip one day.

Regards

Jaya

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Christine,

Thank you for your review on the Opera in Verona. I went on the Magnificent Lake Garda in 2011 with seats up in the Gods for Aida. It was magnificent indeed. Loved the whole trip except for the Hotel at Moniga which was changed several times since 2011.

Jan

sublevel
(Member)
'Christine Davis' wrote:

My first JY holiday guided by lovely Aideen. I wasnt too sure what to expect but the whole experience was easy and stress free.

Most of the party met on the flight to Verona and going through the airport was problem free. 

We had a good mix of people in the group 30s through to 80s, all good to talk too.

On arrival Aideen was easy to find and we were transported to the Hotel Leon d'oro. 

Lovely hotel, typically Italian, very courteous helpful staff. No complaints about cleanliness either, the person who looked after my room was very thorough.

Food was good in the Hotel, huge selection at breakfast (lovely coffee).

I did the Lake Garda trip and Valpolicella winery , both were very enjoyable, especially the winery. Beautiful scenery and lots of information from Aideen, very knowledgeable lady.

The opera. ....... well.... fabulous, I had the seats on the steps, with cushions. The whole evening was exquisite,  open air, warm, glass of wine wonderful. It may have been the cheap seats but it just added to the whole experience.

Highly recommend this trip if you like opera and wine , you will return loving both.

I am now looking for my next trip with JY.

Sounds absolutely fantastic, definitely on my wishlist, thank you for your detailed review.

Mike A
(Member)
Glad you enjoyed it Christine and thanks for the review! I'm now tempted to do this trip!
intrepid traveller
(Member)
Sounds great, thank you.  I would prefer the Ballet to the Opera but I don’t think JY have any plans to indulge me!
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Intrepid Traveller

I too prefer Ballet to the Opera but if you know or can follow the story then Opera too can be a great experience.

Regards

Jaya