jintzky
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I arrived home last night after a wonderful few days walking in the Yorkshire Dales!  I was a bit apprehensive about this holiday as I thought is appeared expensive and I was always used to taking bespoke walking holidays.  However, I found this far exceeded my expectations! Once paid there is no need to put hand in pocket other than for coffee/tea or pub stops (of which there is a wonderful choice en route!) or drinks in hotel. The hotel, although somewhat dated and in a time warp, was spotlessly clean, beds SO comfortable, rooms huge, food wonderful, staff pleasant and helpful. Hotel was in a great position on the canal bank within a lovely walk of Skipton. Our packed lunches were very generous and such a good idea to have a bottle of water every day too!! Our guides were the best I have ever come across on a walking holiday, and I have taken many. Very professional, caring and considerate, knowledgeable about the area and passionate about what they do.    They knew all the nooks and crannies of the area, were very friendly,  patient and kind, with a sense of humour thrown in - all qualities of good walk leaders!  Only 11 of us in party, however we all got on well and I have never laughed so much in ages!! Thank you all!

Our tour leader was exceptional!! Mention to Min (is that how you spell it?) for being a  great organiser, looking after us and imparting us with stories of the Dales.  I will never forget the condensed version of Wuthering Heights! Great fun and again very kind and considerate and professional.

The walks were graded well, plenty of opt-outs if you had done enough, most only about 30mins in average coach time to start of walks, toilet facilities at start and finish (important!) and had the added bonus of special interests i.e. Bronte country, Calendar Girls (Kettlewell) and the filming of The Railway Children.  Only comment re walks, just thought it would be helpful to put in gradient as well as miles in description as some people may not like hilly terrain?

All in all a great holiday - if you are thinking about it - dont hesitate!!

janib
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Jintzky,

Done this tour a few years ago- great time and a wonderful hotel. Glad you had such a good time and thank you for the review.

Jan