Jellifer
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
This was a fantastic trip led by a wonderful Tour Manager, Kristina Jelcic. The Park Hotel in Bled was old-fashioned in design but in a fabulous location. Opening the curtains on the first morning to see the view was magical as we had arrived in the dark. Rooms were spacious and well appointed and so warm I turned the heating off completely in mine. Excursions were really good and well organised and the local guides were great too. Weather was lovely, sunny most days (apart from the blizzard at the top of mount Vogel but that was awesome  😃 )

Lots of good food, gluhwein and fun were had.

The only cloud was an issue with one fellow traveller but Kristina coped admirably with the sad situation, though I think JY needs to look at their procedures to make sure nobody can fall through the cracks again.

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon Jellifer,

I'm sorry to hear that you experienced an issue with one fellow traveler. We always welcome feedback from our travelers to help us improve our holidays for future travelers.

I am however delighted to hear that you had a fantastic time on your trip to Lake Bled.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with the wider Just You Community. I have forwarded all your comments on to the wider team here at JYHQ.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

AnnF
  • (Member)
(Member)
Kristina was our TM when I went on the River Duoro cruise in October and I agree that she is wonderful. On our trip two of the group had unexpected health problems and she handled the situation marvellously while continuing to look after the rest of us. Anyone who has her as their TM in 2018 will be very fortunate.

Ann

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi all, 

I also had Kristina as our TM on the Balkan tour with Travelsphere in 2015 and as you have said she is fantastic - it was her first tour with the company and she was so professional in every way, with a wonderful dry sense of humour.  I'm glad you both enjoyed your tours with her and it doesn't surprise me at all that she handled any situations that arose with understanding and efficiency.

All the best,

Bob 

PS Jellifer, I'm delighted you enjoyed Lake Bled - I stayed there almost 20 years ago and it was a wonderful experience.

Bosuncat
(Member)
I am glad too that you had such a good time.

I was last in Lake Bled 4 years ago, but will be seeing it again this year when I go on the new JY tour.

Nice to hear that you did see a bit of snow.   🙂

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jellifer

Thank you for your review. My intention is to do this Christmas trip one of these days, especially when you mention the sunshine. Don't fancy being in the cold all the time!

Regards

Jaya

melanipick
(Member)
'Jellifer' wrote:

This was a fantastic trip led by a wonderful Tour Manager, Kristina Jelcic. The Park Hotel in Bled was old-fashioned in design but in a fabulous location. Opening the curtains on the first morning to see the view was magical as we had arrived in the dark. Rooms were spacious and well appointed and so warm I turned the heating off completely in mine. Excursions were really good and well organised and the local guides were great too. Weather was lovely, sunny most days (apart from the blizzard at the top of mount Vogel but that was awesome  😃 )

Lots of good food, gluhwein and fun were had.

The only cloud was an issue with one fellow traveller but Kristina coped admirably with the sad situation, though I think JY needs to look at their procedures to make sure nobody can fall through the cracks again.

Glad to hear the trip was good because I am considering it for this coming Christmas.

DavidG
(Member)
Hello Bosuncat,

I agree with your comments as we must have been on the same trip four years ago! This was my second-best Christmas trip after Salzberg and I particularly enjoyed the varied evening entertainment.

Thoroughly recommended.

David.