charleyhorse
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Just returned from this fantastic trip! Flight from Heathrow to Vienna, where a short coach transfer took us directly to the boat MS Vivaldi. Early in the day, our cabins not quite ready for us, but the crew were happy to serve the all inclusive drinks to us. The cabins, divided between all 3 decks (some had upgraded) were all well appointed, plenty of storage surprisingly, very comfy beds, nicely  presented. Too much lovely food! Two 3 course meals a day, and breakfast, wine and some spirits included, cocktails on return from shore visits. First night boat was moored in Vienna, we had city tour and some free time before returning to the boat, and off we sailed. Overnight we sailed, past Bratislavia, and we woke in Budapest. The morning was spent on a city tour, followed by a free afternoon. The boat anchored within walking distance of the city centre making an after lunch visit possible. That evening, there was a wonderful Hungarian Gypsy band who entertained with singing, dancing and a fabulous violin player. We waved goodbye to the band, they cast off straight away, the crew announced to go, get your coat on and go to the top of the boat, and we stood and watched the lights of Budapest, wow, what a sight it was. We arrived at lunchtime the next day in Bratislavia, another city tour during the afternoon, and then sailed for Vienna. We had breakfast on the boat and left afterwards. Our Tour Manager had arranged rather than us go straight to the airport, when we left the boat, we had a quick look at Schonbrunn Palace, and one hour free time in Vienna, where some managed a visit to the Spanish Riding School. This was a fantastic trip, and obviously with a singles party oboard, there would have been less passengers, so plenty of room in the lounge areas etc. Fabulous trip!
Moderator2
(Member)
Hi Charleyhorse,

I'm delighted to hear that you had a fantastic trip to Vienna.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences with the wider Just You Community. I have forwarded your comments on to the wider team here at JYHQ.

Kind Regards,

Amy

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Sounds like a very nice tour glad you had a great time. Thank you for leaving a review.

Cindy

LeeM
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hello Charleyhorse, 

I love reading people's holiday reviews, so thank you for posting this.  It sounds a wonderful trip and I'm pleased you had such a good time.

Lesley

Bosuncat
(Member)
I was booked to go on this tour last year.  Unfortunately the date was cancelled (not JY's fault), and I was unable to change my date.  It's one I would love to do at some point. 

Thanks for your review.  It sounds as though you had a great time.  🙂