RaeW
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Just back from a super holiday on the MS Eos. The group gelled from the minute we got onto the coach for the transfer to the yacht. Minja, our Tour Manager, was excellent. She was very well organised, fun, full of energy and coped well with the unexpected. 

All the guides we had on the trips spoke excellent English.

The MS Eos is very homely. The crew were very welcoming. They had the unfortunate task of taking the luggage on and off which was wonderful for us when we had 3 boats to cross at the end! The cook did us proud in her tiny kitchen and the meals were very tasty. The captain doesn't speak English but, with the help of Minja, he came to each table during the 'Captain's Dinner' and we were able to ask him questions about the vessel.

We were asked what our favourite part of the trip was but that was so difficult to answer. Each place we visited had its own character and history. Each place was just as beautiful as the next. The waterfall at the Krke National Park was very picturesque and the weather that day was perfect for walking up and over it. The little island of Zlarin has no cars and it was so peaceful. Unfortunately we sailed too early the next day to have a swim in the crystal clear water. I think there were 3 swim stops which several of the group enjoyed. For me it wasn't warm enough! The sails went up for a little while one day and that was such a thrill.

The weather was a bit mixed and out at sea I could have done with another light jumper. On one of the days the boat was a bit like a bucking bronco but as long as you didn't walk about it was exciting! Some didn't manage lunch that day. 

There were plenty ATM's around so you don't need to take too much currency if you don't want to. A main course plus wine cost about £10 to £15 pounds, although on one occasion it was about £25 for fillet steak and wine. 

On board we were give 1 litre of bottled water free per day as the tap water wasn't recommended. Ice and salads were fine. 

Most cabins had decent wardrobe space and there were hair-dryers available to borrow.  

I'm sure I am missing out so much but it was an excellent holiday and if anyone has any queries, please just ask.

(Member)
Hi RaeW,

Thank you for your review, I have passed it around to the relevant people to share your super experience.

Kindest regards,

Monty

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi RaeW

Glad to hear you had a great time.  I loved Croatia and need to go back especially to see Krk National Park which I hear is fabulous.

sallyc
(Member)
Thank you so much for the review and posting it so quickly as well. It sounds like you had a lovely time and I can't wait to go (less than two weeks now).

Sally

Toni2909
(Member)
Thanks so much for posting this review, Rae. I am now even more excited about my turn in August!!

Your hints and tips are very welcome, and if you think of anything else, please post it.

What about Wifi - any / partial / none?!

Toni

RaeW
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'sallyc' wrote:

Thank you so much for the review and posting it so quickly as well.  It sounds like you had a lovely time and I can't wait to go (less than two weeks now).

Sally

Hi Sally, 

I hope you have a great time and enjoy it as much as our group did. During the whole holiday I didn't hear anyone making a complaint and everyone I spoke to said how much they had enjoyed it.

Forgot to say that the sea organ we were meant to hear one evening was closed for repair for a month. Not sure if it will be working again by the time you get there. The light show beside it wasn't really much to see without the music but that was only something minor.

Have a great time.

Rae

AnnF
  • (Member)
(Member)
I did the Adriatic Explorer last September, different ship and slightly different itinerary but just as enjoyable. Your remark, Rae, about the bucking bronco made me smile as we had one night and most of the next day when it was galeforce and our captain had difficulty finding a port which had space for us to run to but it didn't spoil my enjoyment. One thing which might be different from the ship I was on (or maybe not), each cabin had a safe for the occupant's use, the only problem at the beginning being how to operate it. Was this the case with you?

Ann

Bosuncat
(Member)
Thank you so much for the review.  One Croatia trip I can't do unfortunately because of getting on and off the boats.  It must have been fabulous! 🙂
Samantha
(Member)
Hi RaeW

Thanks for a great review ?

I booked on the August trip - even more excited now.

Glad you enjoyed it

Sam

sallyc
(Member)
Thanks for the info re the Sea Organ. Fingers crossed it's sorted by the time we get there but it's good to be prepared for disappointment. One thing I forgot to ask - did the cabins have toiletries or tea/coffee facilities?
Kezzer46
(Member)
Rae, thanks for this great review. Sounds like a lovely holiday.

Kezzer

Katiae
(Member)
I shared the same trip as Rae and echo everything she says. To answer a couple of questions. Wi-fi was available but not in the cabins. My cabin was cosy and had space to put everything. No tea/coffee facilities but you could get both from the lounge / dining area at any time, just asked the lovely waiter. Nothing was too much trouble for the crew or MInja our lovely rep. There is shower gel provided but no other toiletries. The shower in my cabin was excellent. Instant hot water and high pressure. There were safe deposit boxes in all the cabins. I just cannot fault this holiday and hope everyone who is going on it has the same great experience. Oh! by the way, take sea sickness tabs...... just in case! 🙂
Toni2909
(Member)
Thanks again to Rae, and also to Katiae. All the information you have given makes planning for my cruise in August much easier, and my excitement even greater.

Sounds like this is good one, JY. Hopefully, it will be "a keeper" for some time, as I suspect it is going to remain very popular.

Toni

Toni2909
(Member)
Sorry - another question. Were there sockets in the cabins to plug in phone chargers, etc? If so, what sort are they?

Toni

RaeW
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Toni2909' wrote:

Sorry - another question. Were there sockets in the cabins to plug in phone chargers, etc? If so, what sort are they?

Toni

Hello Toni

Glad the other questions have been answered by Katiae. 

I had two, two pin sockets in the cabin. One near the beds and one next to the shower room. My hairdryer stretched easily to the mirror. 

I must admit to being very impressed by the phone signal and the Wifi. I think it was only during the 5 hour sail on the open sea that we had no phone signal. The cabins received a phone signal. WiFi wasn't available in the cabins but while moored we always had a good signal on deck and in bar area.  

I'm sure you'll love it all and I'll look forward to reading about your experience on your return.

(You need to take a swimming towel as you are only provided with a bath towel and hand towel.) 

As AnnF said, the safes have no instructions and they all seem to work differently. Don't put anything in until you are sure how to work yours! The crew will be available to help.

Rae

Toni2909
(Member)
Excellent, thanks. And good advice about the safe!
marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
'RaeW' wrote:

Just back from a super holiday on the MS Eos. The group gelled from the minute we got onto the coach for the transfer to the yacht. Minja, our Tour Manager, was excellent. She was very well organised, fun, full of energy and coped well with the unexpected. 

All the guides we had on the trips spoke excellent English.

The MS Eos is very homely. The crew were very welcoming. They had the unfortunate task of taking the luggage on and off which was wonderful for us when we had 3 boats to cross at the end! The cook did us proud in her tiny kitchen and the meals were very tasty. The captain doesn't speak English but, with the help of Minja, he came to each table during the 'Captain's Dinner' and we were able to ask him questions about the vessel.

We were asked what our favourite part of the trip was but that was so difficult to answer. Each place we visited had its own character and history. Each place was just as beautiful as the next. The waterfall at the Krke National Park was very picturesque and the weather that day was perfect for walking up and over it. The little island of Zlarin has no cars and it was so peaceful. Unfortunately we sailed too early the next day to have a swim in the crystal clear water. I think there were 3 swim stops which several of the group enjoyed. For me it wasn't warm enough! The sails went up for a little while one day and that was such a thrill.

The weather was a bit mixed and out at sea I could have done with another light jumper. On one of the days the boat was a bit like a bucking bronco but as long as you didn't walk about it was exciting! Some didn't manage lunch that day. 

There were plenty ATM's around so you don't need to take too much currency if you don't want to. A main course plus wine cost about £10 to £15 pounds, although on one occasion it was about £25 for fillet steak and wine. 

On board we were give 1 litre of bottled water free per day as the tap water wasn't recommended. Ice and salads were fine. 

Most cabins had decent wardrobe space and there were hair-dryers available to borrow.  

I'm sure I am missing out so much but it was an excellent holiday and if anyone has any queries, please just ask.

So glad to hear you had a great time. I love the adriatic and am desperate to do the Makarska/Slovenia/Dubrovnik tours and i am glad JY have an option to tour the coast.

Thanks

Mark