pottingshead
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Having just got back from a week at the White stallion ranch I can honestly say I had an amazingl experience . We all met at the airport and soon found are tour Guide she was wearing her JY bage , Are guide stayed with us the hole trip. We flew out with BA the flight was full and very cramped , most of us sat next to someone in are group . Arriving At Phoenix airport it took ageist getting through immigration they are so slow , once we got are bags a member of the ranch met us and showed us to are bus , the ride to the ranch takes hour and half . Once you arrive your bags are taken to your room while you fill in a form stating your riding Ability Height weight , you can grab a bit to eat or have a drink and the staff show you your room . I was given a family room with one king size bed two single beds one sofa bed , the rooms have fridge hairdryer toiletries bath overhead shower all to myself I was very pleased . You can get coffee tea cold drinks from about 6.30 to 9.30pm , I would suggest taking travel kettle , breakfast is from 7.30 you won't go hungry the food is very good . They will match you up with a horse that you have all week , if you are not happy they will change the horse , there is a daily programme you choose what rides you won't to go on . I had never rode before and went out every day twice a day on the slow ride. The pool is lovely to relax After a morning ride . The ranch has very low key evening entertainment but after a full day that's about all you need . There is a small pets corner you can feed the animals . I don't now how you can count the first day as day one when it is time for bed when you arrive , on the last day you do get a morning ride in , we got picked up at 2.30 for a 7pm flight . Hope this helps anyone thinking of booking I am so glad I went and met some lovely people .
nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Sounds like a great time was had, thanks for writing a review,

Cindy

Taffy
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks for the review. I am going on this holiday next year, haven't been on a horse in almost 20 years but I can't wait. Any tips on what clothes or footwear to take? Do they provide hats or can you buy one there?

Thanks.

pottingshead
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Taffy' wrote:

Thanks for the review. I am going on this holiday next year, haven't been on a horse in almost 20 years but I can't wait. Any tips on what clothes or footwear to take? Do they provide hats or can you buy one there?

Thanks.

Hi the only cloths you need is jeans or riding pants , boots with a heel as they ride straight leg . For the evening trousers top or shirt very casual . A group of girls in are party did go to the shops one afternoon to buy cowboy boots someone from the ranch took them , you can buy cowgirl hats at the ranch for about 50$ , they have riding hats you can borrow each day . Rosie

wanny
  • (Member)
(Member)
ive never ridden a horse or id be thinking to do this. great review
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Rosie

A good review. Like Wanny I too have never been on a horse, but reading your review wants me to do this holiday one day.

Jaya

Connie
(Member)
Hi, thanks for the reviews and useful information. I'm booked to go on 31 st Jan, first holiday with Just You, and first holiday as a lone traveller- a big adventure !

Connie

gillp
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi The review was really helpful thanks. I am booked for 31 Jan too. Very excited!

Gill

only me
(Member)
'gillp' wrote:

Hi The review was really helpful thanks. I am booked for 31 Jan too. Very excited!

Gill

Hope you have a good time. looking forward to your review on your return.

only me
(Member)
'Connie' wrote:

Hi, thanks for the reviews and useful information. I'm booked to go on 31 st Jan, first holiday with Just You, and first holiday as a lone traveller- a big adventure !

Connie

Hope you have a great time. Please let us know what you thought of your holiday on your return. I am thinking of booking for October.

Princi
(Member)
Rose

Thanks for the review, sound like a great trip

Jaya // Wanny

American Style horse riding is different to UK/European, the American Saddle is like a big arm chair, the Stirrups are long.

so when the horse gets into a trot or a canter,(for experienced riders) you sort of press you feet into the Stirrups and sit back ( legs straight and long) .

Nothing like British//European riding where you legs are bent at the knee and you have to rise and fall with the trot, and the stirrups are much shorter. ( so difficult to describe)

If you've never ridden American Style is much easier learning experience.

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Alex

I would like to try horse riding one of these days and the Arizona trip sounds exciting. I will have to add this trip to my long list and hopefully I will get a chance to go one day though not sure when.

Jaya