Maddy
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I have been on many Just You holidays and always been happy to write glowing reviews regarding how good they have been. Sadly, this is not the case with Sun Kissed Sardiniai trip, which is best summed up in the words of our tour manager who was on duty for the first two weeks. When asked if he was booked to do the holiday again his response was "here again? Over my dead body"

Although I'm always unsure about Tripadvisor comments, in the case of the Sighiento hotel the first three reviewers, Eileen, David and Jane, are Just You travellers from our group and from the week before. They sum up the very poor standards in food and staff far more eloquently than I could.

We were counting the days till we could come home, and several of us have already contacted customer support with our comments. It's disappointing to be writing a review like this, for a holiday very far below the usual high JY standards, when other holidays have been outstanding.

Tim
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Maddy, I was very sorry to read about your disappointment with the hotel on the Sun-kissed Sardinia holiday. It goes without saying that we are extremely disappointed in the negative reviews we have received. As we take time in carefully planning our holidays which includes the hotels that we choose, this is certainly not the feedback we would want. Our Product team have collated all the correspondence we have received and are in the process of liaising with the hotel as it is clear they have not met our expectations. The outcome will ultimately allow us to decide as to whether we continue using the hotel going forward.

Tim

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Maddy,

Im so sorry to hear that you had a disappointing holiday. Hotels can make all the difference and i am sorry this one was not up to scratch. Whenever there has been problems with hotels, JY have always listened, so be assured JY will do everything to rectify the problem.

In terms of excursions, what did you think of the holiday?

Thanks

Mark

Maddy
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Sorry Mark, the excursions were also disappointing. Of the two included excursions we were warned by our tour manager that one involved walking uneven rocky ground, climbing over ruins, and that the tombs were very confined spaces so unsuitable for anyone likely to suffer from even mild claustrophobia. Several of us decided to give that one a miss. On the half day walking tour of Cagliari, the promised free time for strolling marbled streets, browsing shops and lingering by the marina turned out to be about 40 minutes, just enough to find a much needed cold drink after a long mornings whic walk involving several steep flights of steps with no handrails.

I only chose one of the optional tours. Bays and Beaches, cost £56, offered the opportunity to visit local shops at Villasimius, we arrived at 9:30, shops opened late at 10 and we had to be back on the coach by 10:30. Maybe planning this outing for a Sunday needs rethinking. We then drove to a beautiful bay, but again a short visit as we were due back at the hotel by lunchtime.

The boat trip was already nearly fully booked by the time we arrived in Sardinia, only 6 places left. The boat takes 10 people, only 2 trips scheduled, so better to prebook than take a chance that there will be spaces. I thought £65 for a short morning out seems excessive.

I hate to be writing a negative review, but this holiday was a bit of a disaster. I must add that I have loved all my previous JY holidays, exploring Cuba was a never to be forgotten experience, river cruises have been amazing, Treasures of Tuscany was a favourite and so many more I could thoroughly recommend.

JP1
  • (Member)
(Member)
I too was very disappointing with this holiday. The comments about excursions match my experience. This was my first JY holiday. Would not recommend sardinia unless problems are addressed. No response so far to feedback or email-disappointing.
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi JP1,

I'm sorry to hear that you have not received a response yet. I have spoken with my colleague in our customer care team and I have been informed that your correspondence has been received by the team. This holiday is being investigated with our suppliers, and a member of the customer care team will be in contact with you once this investigation has concluded.

I'm sorry that you were disappointed with your first Just You holiday.

Kindest regards,

Julia

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Maddy' wrote:

Sorry Mark, the excursions were also disappointing. Of the two included excursions we were warned by our tour manager that one involved walking uneven rocky ground, climbing over ruins, and that the tombs were very confined spaces so unsuitable for anyone likely to suffer from even mild claustrophobia. Several of us decided to give that one a miss. On the half day walking tour of Cagliari, the promised free time for strolling marbled streets, browsing shops and lingering by the marina turned out to be about 40 minutes, just enough to find a much needed cold drink after a long mornings whic walk involving several steep flights of steps with no handrails.

I only chose one of the optional tours. Bays and Beaches, cost £56, offered the opportunity to visit local shops at Villasimius, we arrived at 9:30, shops opened late at 10 and we had to be back on the coach by 10:30. Maybe planning this outing for a Sunday needs rethinking. We then drove to a beautiful bay, but again a short visit as we were due back at the hotel by lunchtime.

The boat trip was already nearly fully booked by the time we arrived in Sardinia, only 6 places left. The boat takes 10 people, only 2 trips scheduled, so better to prebook than take a chance that there will be spaces. I thought £65 for a short morning out seems excessive.

I hate to be writing a negative review, but this holiday was a bit of a disaster. I must add that I have loved all my previous JY holidays, exploring Cuba was a never to be forgotten experience, river cruises have been amazing, Treasures of Tuscany was a favourite and so many more I could thoroughly recommend.

Oh dear. Well at least JY are looking into it. Please let us know what happens as a result.

Thanks

Mark