AnnF
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I've just come back from a week in Croatia and thoroughly enjoyed it. The hotel we stayed at was very good - plenty of space, good food - and I'm sad that Just You won't be going back there next year. Our tour manager/guide, Vlatka, was delightful, friendly and helpful, and never seemed to let anything get her down.

The weather was very good, apart from a downpour on the first full morning, and several friends have already commented on my tan! Vlatka told us we were very lucky - Croatia has had the wettest summer anyone can remember and the group who were there the previous week had a very damp time. The only difference the weather really made to us was when we went to the Plitvice Lakes, all the rain having resulted in flooding and some of the paths being closed to the public, but Vlatka still managed to find us some good views.

One or two brave folk did everything on the programme, including two 6.30 am starts, but most of us took it more gently. I heard a couple of people grumbling at breakfast on the second day that it was too "full-on" (we had just been on the inclusive tour of the Istrian peninsula which gave us a good look at the countryside and some of the towns) but they had time to chill-out for the rest of the holiday and go shopping.

Prices in Croatia (at least the part we visited) were lower than I've come across in the UK or in Italy - about £1 for a capuccino, 70p for a scoop of icecream, £10 for a bottle of wine in the hotel, £2.50 for a large glass of wine (can't comment on the price of beer). I had taken Croatian kuna with me but those who hadn't or who ran out were able to change sterling or euros into kuna at the hotel or at various exchange bureaux (the latter at a better rate than I had been given in the UK). There were also plenty of ATMs. One tip re money - if you intend to go on the trip to Venice and/or to see the caves and horses in Slovenia, remember to take some euros with you.

When contemplating doing the trip to the lakes, you need to take into account that it is a 4 hour drive (with 2 stops) each way (probably more like 3 1/2 hours from the new hotel in 2015). If you suffer at all from travel sickness, remember to pack some Kwells or similar AND TAKE THEM! I'm usually not too bad but the hairpin bends on the way up to the lakes from the coast did for me, despite the careful driving of Antonio (our driver for the week). Although I had tablets in my firstaid kit, I'd forgotten to take them and felt very odd when we got off the coach at the lunch stop. Fortunately someone else in the group had remembered her Kwells and was willing to share them with me. (Thank you, Heather.)

To sum up, a very enjoyable holiday with plenty to do if that is what you want or, if not, time to relax and let the world go by.

Ann

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Ann,

Thank you for taking the time to share your Just You experience on the community - I'm so pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable holiday with us.

Kindest regards,

Julia

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi AnnF,

Glad to hear you had a great time! I did this tour three years ago and i thoroughly enjoyed myself as well!

Mark

Bosuncat
(Member)
Hi Ann.

Glad you had a great time. Weirdly enough I was ill when I went down to the Falls years and years ago. Good to hear that "V" is well 🙂 I was looking to going back on this trip perhaps next year but probably won't bother now that it is moving down the coast although the area where JY is moving to is SO nice. I just LOVE Rabac so much.

Julia. Is V likely to stay with JY do you know? She is a REAL asset to the company as a TM.

Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bosuncat,

Vlatka is amazing isn't she!

We are hoping that Vlatka will be leading some of our Croatia tours next year, although at this stage it's too early to say which ones.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Bosuncat
(Member)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat,

Vlatka is amazing isn't she!

We are hoping that Vlatka will be leading some of our Croatia tours next year, although at this stage it's too early to say which ones.

Kindest regards,

Julia

Great to hear that Julia. :thumbup: