praslin
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I can honestly say this was one of my best chrstmas's ever. The location was perfect, the Park hotel was lovely with great food, staff, rooms and the pool and spa bath overlooking the lake and castle was magical. Philip our tour guide made the trip so easy and relaxing taking care of everything. The trips out were very varied and enjoyable seeing some wonderful sights. The fact that many locally organised events were taking place over the christmas period was a real bonus and we saw some fantantic local bands and groups. The extra day out which was organised adhoc whilst we were there up a ski resort to enjoy the snow and drive through the National Park was incredible and should be something that must be done. Overall my best JustYou trip I've done and looking forward to the next.
DavidG
  • (Member)
(Member)
I fully agree with Praslin's comments. A beautiful country which deserves to be more widely thought about for holidays. I still remember that chocolate drink on the island!
Bosuncat
(Member)
Glad that you had such a good time. I haven't been in winter but have seen the mountains with plenty of snow on them and had a foot of snow overnight on my first visit on my birthday. :thumbup:
praslin
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'DavidG' wrote:

I fully agree with Praslin's comments. A beautiful country which deserves to be more widely thought about for holidays. I still remember that chocolate drink on the island!

I agree with you there David. I missed out on the chocolate and so regret we couldn't jusify the cost of getting back on the boat just for another one. The one at the top of the ski lift wasn't the same. Hoping to go back one day and try to get one then. Chris.

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
This review makes me want to go eeeeven more! Damn you, university!

Mark

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Mark

I am sure you will be able to go to Slovenia one day. University will not last for ever!!

This trip is on my list of placed to visit and I too hope to get there one day. Actually reading the review makes me want to go for Christmas - I have never been away during Christmas so if I can manage this then it would be lovely.

Regards

Jaya

praslin
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi Mark

I am sure you will be able to go to Slovenia one day. University will not last for ever!!

This trip is on my list of placed to visit and I too hope to get there one day. Actually reading the review makes me want to go for Christmas - I have never been away during Christmas so if I can manage this then it would be lovely.

Regards

Jaya

Hi Jaya.

This was my first christmas away and I wasn't sure how I would find it this being my first christmas alone but it couldn't have been better. Having lots of lovely like minded people with me was just what I needed at that time of year and Slovenia is a beautiful country. If you do go and stay in The Park hotel do pay the little extra to have a lake view as waking up and looking at the lake with the church on the island and the castle on top of the cliff is amazing. Hope you make it there and you will get plenty of chances to try the Bled cake!

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
I am very tempted especially since you mention cake! Was the weather very cold?

Jaya

Bosuncat
(Member)
I can say that Bled cake is amazing!! 😛
praslin
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jaya' wrote:

I am very tempted especially since you mention cake! Was the weather very cold?

Jaya

The weather was much the same as back here, fairly mild and damp but plenty of sunshine in between. It does sometimes snow at Christmas time which would have been nice but it was great to get around with no problems and we did go up a mountain to the snow so we saw it. Yes the cake is quite something. Google Bled cake and start drooling:-)

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Now you have got me going. I am going to google Bled cake now.

Jaya

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Bosuncat
(Member)
It's been a long long time but it is luscious!

As is Union Beer:P

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Stop it Bosuncat, you know how upset i am i cant go haha!

Mark

Bosuncat
(Member)
'marks' wrote:

Stop it Bosuncat, you know how upset i am i cant go haha!

Mark

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kremna_rezina  :thumbup:

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Mark

Perhaps you can go over this Christmas. I am seriously thinking about going - will have to wait and see if I can afford the trip since I have already 2 booked for this year. I googled the cake and it sounds so delicious. Will have to make sure I get there one day sooner or later, just for the cake!

Jaya

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Did someone mention CAKE!!!!!

Bosuncat

I just looked the link up looked lovely till I got to the custard part YUK... you all enjoy it..

Cindy

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Jaya,

My family would never forgive me!

Mark

praslin
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'nixon' wrote:

Bosuncat

I just looked the link up looked lovely till I got to the custard part YUK... you all enjoy it..

Cindy

Don't be put off by the custard part as there is different flavours with the custard being my least favourite too which is a shame as that's the original one. The chocolate one has a layer of chocolate on top with chocolate mousse and that is just heaven.

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
'praslin' wrote:

'nixon' wrote:

Bosuncat

Cindy

Don't be put off by the custard part as there is different flavours with the custard being my least favourite too which is a shame as that's the original one. The chocolate one has a layer of chocolate on top with chocolate mousse and that is just heaven.

Thanks for this information, looks like I can indulge if I ever get to go ..

Cindy