Sue2013
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Just spent a week in Apulia at the Sierra Silvana Hotel: my 5th Just You holiday. Brilliant group of people, tour manager Jan and coach driver. Hotel buildings/rooms great, but location in the middle of nowhere. Only great member of staff was Marco in the bar. Breakfast make the most of it as dinners were dreadful. I lost 4 lbs in weight during my week there!! General area/excursions forgettable. There are better places to go.[/size][/font]
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sue,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us, we take all feedback, both positive and negative, on board when planning our holidays and I have forwarded these on so these can be reviewed.

Kindest regards

Julia

Gwyn
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Sue2013' wrote:

Just spent a week in Apulia at the Sierra Silvana Hotel: my 5th Just You holiday. Brilliant group of people, tour manager Jan and coach driver. Hotel buildings/rooms great, but location in the middle of nowhere. Only great member of staff was Marco in the bar. Breakfast make the most of it as dinners were dreadful. I lost 4 lbs in weight during my week there!! General area/excursions forgettable. There are better places to go.[/size][/font]

Wow! I'm not trying to start an argument here, but I disagree with many of your comments! I was there in July this year, having had such a terrific time on this holiday in 2011.

I thought the evening meals were really filling and with the three options for each course, there was always something I fancied. I must have put on half a stone while I was there (ok, that's exaggeration!). Staff were friendly and helpful, but Marco was so overworked that he didn't really shine during my visit.

The village in which the hotel is set is small, but the little bar in the mini supermarket served wonderful espresso at 80 cents a shot, while the bars on the promenade are lively and entertaining. The village church is architecturally significant, with impressive art work.

I loved the area: Lecce has such a mad take on Baroque architecture and an amazing Roman amphitheatre, Ostuni is strikingly beautiful, with some great places to eat, Matera's World Heritage Site (and the Carlo Levi mural in the main Art Gallery) is unique, the Trullis in Arbellobello weren't too shabby, and the Adriatic sea is amazing.

I fully attend to go on this holiday a third time!

Althearose
(Member)
I would say that there are better areas to visit - if you think of Tuscany or Rome when you think of an Italy. Apulia is traditional and unspoilt, the place where Italians go on holiday. It really boils down to what you are looking for when travelling.
Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
It is not easy to please everyone!

Regards

Jaya

loopylou
(Member)
I agree that you cannot please everybody, however it is nice to know that you will not go hungry whilst on holiday, last year the meals at the hotel Lapethos in Northern Cyprus was inedible,in fact we were all compensated by JY, in comparison the food at Costa De Luz (i think) was fantastic and i would not hesitate to go there again.

Loopylou

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Loopylou

I agree with you - the food at Costa De la Luz was fantastic!

Regards

Jaya

TonyBailey
(Member)
TonyB,

Apulia was brilliant and the Hotel was great. Yvette the Tour Manager was amazing and the whole group were great fun.

Hope the Card School are all OK .

I had such a great time I booked another trip.