Penfold
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
hi all

just back from the highlights of Tuscany trip so thought I would put some thoughts on here..

we had a brilliant time, weather was nice and warm and the trips were great. I particularly enjoyed Lucca.

The hotel was basic but very clean and the staff couldnt do enough for us- beware of the measures of gin poured though.. you get half a bottle with a little bit of tonic! the food was good and plentiful. we did eat out once and that too was really nice.

I keep saying we.. well this was my first holiday with JY.. as it was for most of the people on the trip. we quickly became friends and looked out for each other..brilliant

and Jonathan (hope your reading this). he had a migraine type headache for a couple of days but despite this, managed to smile and look after us.. oh and yes, he does love setting a quiz.. I promised not to put the answers on here! we had fun doing the quiz.. so thanks Jonathan.. you helped make our holiday brilliant.

so thats my first holiday.. hmm where to next? maybe route 66?

Karen

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Julia. Maybe this needs to be moved to review section

Karen glad you had fun....I went a few years ago...Jonathan loved quizzes then!!!

Cindy

Maria_19
(Member)
Hi Karen

I agree totally with your review.......absolutely brilliant trip! I would add that the staff at the hotel were probably the most accommodating people I've ever met and I've travelled a lot over the years including Italy many times! This was my fourth trip with JY and I'm already booked on the next one for Sept....Italy again of course! Salvatore is most generous with the alcohol & checks whether you want a measure "Inglese" or "Italiano"....I can recommened the vodka & limonata Italiano style!!!!!

Elba and Lucca were my personal favourites and I was pleasantly surprised by Pisa which I'd always been lead to believe had very little to offer...not so! I can also recommend hiring a bicycle to cycle around the city walls of Lucca....a truly enjoyable experience! Sienna & San Gimignano is a long day but enjoyable nevertheless. Florence gives me the "wow" factor each time I see the duomo but the JY trip does only give you a basic taster of the place. You'd need far more than a few hours to truly appreciate this wonderful city.

Poor Jonathan really wasn't very well during the last couple of days but remained professional throughout...an excellent tour guide!:thumbup:

marks
  • (Member)
(Member)
The more i read about this holiday the more i get excited!!!
Bosuncat
(Member)
Thanks so much for this. I am going on the 3rd Oct departure and really looking forward to it.

I LOVE vodka so shall definitely give that mix a try!