CLIVE W
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I have just returned from my Wonder of China holiday, and what a great holiday it was. A very full on holiday, long days & early starts etc, but well worth it. To see all the amazing sights such as the Forbidden City, Imperial Palace, The Great Wall, Terracotta Army, to name just a few was amazing.

Regarding some of the earlier threads on these holidays, the food was always plentiful and there was always some left. Also when returning by coach from Chengdu to Beijing airport, there was a small amount of time to unpack you overnight bag into your suitcase, on this occasion it was outside the airport terminal. It you are good at packing then its works ok, but if you are like me, and I am not a good packer, then it is probably easier just to leave everything in your overnight bag, expect the prohibited items. You can then take the overnight bag and your hand luggage on to the plane for the flight to Xian. I also did this for the flight back to the UK, and did not have any problems with the airline regarding only having 1 piece of hand luggage allowed on to the aircraft.

The shows that come included with the holiday, i.e., the Acrobat Show, were well worth seeing and all of the people that I met on this holiday were great.

This was my first JY holiday and it will not be the last, and for those of you who are going on The Wonder of China holiday in the future, you will certainly have a holiday to remember

Clive

lyn french
(Member)
'CLIVE wrote:

I have just returned from my Wonder of China holiday, and what a great holiday it was. A very full on holiday, long days & early starts etc, but well worth it. To see all the amazing sights such as the Forbidden City, Imperial Palace, The Great Wall, Terracotta Army, to name just a few was amazing.

Regarding some of the earlier threads on these holidays, the food was always plentiful and there was always some left. Also when returning by coach from Chengdu to Beijing airport, there was a small amount of time to unpack you overnight bag into your suitcase, on this occasion it was outside the airport terminal. It you are good at packing then its works ok, but if you are like me, and I am not a good packer, then it is probably easier just to leave everything in your overnight bag, expect the prohibited items. You can then take the overnight bag and your hand luggage on to the plane for the flight to Xian. I also did this for the flight back to the UK, and did not have any problems with the airline regarding only having 1 piece of hand luggage allowed on to the aircraft.

The shows that come included with the holiday, i.e., the Acrobat Show, were well worth seeing and all of the people that I met on this holiday were great.

This was my first JY holiday and it will not be the last, and for those of you who are going on The Wonder of China holiday in the future, you will certainly have a holiday to remember

Clive

Thank you so much for your post, now looking forward to my oct. 3rd trip even more. Lyn

lyn french
(Member)
THanks for your post Clive, now looking forward to my Oct 3rd trip even more. Lyn
ShirleyT
(Member)
'CLIVE wrote:

Clive

Hello Clive, holiday sounds absolutely fantastic, I cant wait for my China tour on the 5th September, I was just wondering if after reading the threads regarding the raised malaria risk in Beijing due to recent floods did you take anti malaria tablets or not? I am still undecided but will need to make my mind up very soon! Was the topic raised at all in your group?

This is my first JY holiday too, I'm not aprehensive just really excited

Take care, Shirley

CLIVE W
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'ShirleyT' wrote:

'CLIVE wrote:

Clive

Hello Clive, holiday sounds absolutely fantastic, I cant wait for my China tour on the 5th September, I was just wondering if after reading the threads regarding the raised malaria risk in Beijing due to recent floods did you take anti malaria tablets or not? I am still undecided but will need to make my mind up very soon! Was the topic raised at all in your group?

Take care, Shirley

Hello Shirley,

No, I did not take any anti malaria tablets, although I am not sure if any of the other people took any malaria tablets or not. I have to say that I personally did not have any problems with the mosquitoes, so maybe I was just lucky.

Hope you enjoy the trip as much as I did, and let us know your thoughts when you get back.

Regards

Clive

ShirleyT
(Member)
'CLIVE wrote:

'ShirleyT' wrote:

'CLIVE wrote:

Clive

Take care, Shirley

Hello Shirley,

No, I did not take any anti malaria tablets, although I am not sure if any of the other people took any malaria tablets or not. I have to say that I personally did not have any problems with the mosquitoes, so maybe I was just lucky.

Hope you enjoy the trip as much as I did, and let us know your thoughts when you get back.

Regards

Clive

Many thanks Clive, that is reassuring, I will post my experiences on JY when I return or should I say when recovered but methinks / hopes the Yangzte River cruise will see to that.

Take care, Shirey

sontab
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Clive,

Thanks for your post, certainly put my mind at rest on certain issues. Sounds as if I am going to come back exhausted!

Like Shirley this is my first JY holiday and I am so looking forward to it..

Thanks again,

Sonia