bourkie
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Olly, perhaps you can answer my question?. In todays post I have received a letter, informing me that I now need to send in my passport, another passport picture and a copleted visa form, for my trip 29th September. Ihave already spoken to a lady at lunchtime today, I'm not very happy as I have now got to have a new pictue taken and have been advised to send everything Royal Mail special delivery service, more expense. I do regularly read the notice board, and contacted JY three weeks ago after reading some of the China trips had to send their passports in and was told I didnot have to. Today I was told JY where told 1st September that passports would now be needed my letter was sent out 6th September. I phoned back later today to enquire what has happened to the picture I sent in also the copy of my passport details. I'm not to worried about the picture but I am worried about the copy of my passport details. Please can you advise me as to who has it JY or the Chinese embassy. Thank you sorry its a long question. Lillie.
Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lillie

Can you let me know you booking reference and departure date? I will look into it for you.

That said, I wouldn't worry too much. There is still plenty of time for your visa to be arranged before you go.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor

bourkie
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hello Olly, thank you for your reply, I leave on the 29th September and my booking reference is ***. I'm only worried about the copy of my passport details, I am quite sure nobody would want the picture!!. Unless for their dart board. I have sent everything by next day delivery today,didnot photocopy the visa now I think I might have not put down when we return to Beijing from Chengde to fly to Xian. OOh dear. Lillie

Olly
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Lillie

There's nothing to worry about here. We have your documents and they are being processed. It may take a little bit longer than usual because China has stopped issuing groups visas and we now need to organise individual visas for passengers individually.

Kind regards,

Olly, your editor