Rachael Gurney
(Member) (Topic Starter)
If anyone wants the most amazing trip, book on this one. I went on one last June as the itinarary was perfect for me. I met some great people (a reunion is happening in February) and loved the fantastic scenery. Our tour guide, Anne was fantatsic, and so knowledgable.

I enjoyed being so high up and the walking that I decided to do more walking. In October I am going to trek up Machu Picchu for the Cancer Centre at Barts Hospital. This is a cause close to my heart, as a friend was treated there.

So, who knows what might happen if you sign up for Just you holiday!!

If you are interested in what I'm doing have a look on:

www.justgiving.com/RGurney1

Davefl
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Rachael

You mentioned that you enjoyed the walking on the parks and canyons trip. Is there much opportunity for hiking with the busy schedule?

I toured New England last year and one of the highlights was the amount of walking I did in the mountains of New Hampshire so to able to do similar in the parks would be great.

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Rachael,

Enjoyed yesterdays reunion, was great to see you all again and have a laugh, hope you didn't have too many cocktails after I left to catch my train, lol.

Mick.

Rachael Gurney
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Davefl' wrote:

Hi Rachael

You mentioned that you enjoyed the walking on the parks and canyons trip. Is there much opportunity for hiking with the busy schedule?

I toured New England last year and one of the highlights was the amount of walking I did in the mountains of New Hampshire so to able to do similar in the parks would be great.

Hi Dave

To be honest not much, so if you're a seasoned hiker you may be frustrated. Saying that, at the Grand Canyon, if you don't do the helicopter ride, there would be quite a bit of time. However, the helicopter ride was spectacular. There was a couple of hours at Bryce Canyon, and the same in Zion.

It's a great trip though!

Hope this helps.

Rachael

Rachael Gurney
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Mick

We had a few!

R

Davefl
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Rachael wrote:

'Davefl' wrote:

Hi Rachael

Hi Dave

To be honest not much, so if you're a seasoned hiker you may be frustrated. Saying that, at the Grand Canyon, if you don't do the helicopter ride, there would be quite a bit of time. However, the helicopter ride was spectacular. There was a couple of hours at Bryce Canyon, and the same in Zion.

It's a great trip though!

Hope this helps.

Rachael

Appreciate the info, thanks. I'm not a seasoned hiker by any means but I really enjoyed it over there. Mind you I had two weeks of glorious weather so it couldn't have been any better.

Good tip about the canyon. I won't be doing the helicopter ride so I'll plan in one of the trails instead.

Mick W
  • (Member)
(Member)
Dave,

I didn't do the helicopter as I'd done it before so walked a fair way down the muel trail. One tip give yourself plenty of time to come back up as its hard going with the altitude and heat.

Mick

Davefl
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Mick wrote:

Dave,

I didn't do the helicopter as I'd done it before so walked a fair way down the muel trail. One tip give yourself plenty of time to come back up as its hard going with the altitude and heat.

Mick

Thanks, will do.

davegreg
(Member)
'Rachael wrote:

If anyone wants the most amazing trip, book on this one. I went on one last June as the itinarary was perfect for me. I met some great people (a reunion is happening in February) and loved the fantastic scenery. Our tour guide, Anne was fantatsic, and so knowledgable.

I enjoyed being so high up and the walking that I decided to do more walking. In October I am going to trek up Machu Picchu for the Cancer Centre at Barts Hospital. This is a cause close to my heart, as a friend was treated there.

So, who knows what might happen if you sign up for Just you holiday!!

If you are interested in what I'm doing have a look on:

www.justgiving.com/RGurney1

Have just returned from the same trip myself 2 days ago - and it was fantastic! We even had a bit of snow too which made Zion Park look even more spectacular - it's quite a busy itinerary ith plenty of early starts, but well worth it - i used Vegas as the 'chill out' part of the holiday. Lisa our tour manager was the best, very knowledgable and enthusiastic. Looking forward to my next trip with JY. ;)