Skye
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
I've just returned from my first ever Just You holiday, and had a wonderful time. I posted earlier about my apprehensions after a bad experience with another company, and received lots of reassurance. I'm so glad I went for it.

We had wonderful weather, the sun shone every day, though there was sometimes a chill wind on the lake. And we had a cracking thunderstorm one night, which kept everyone awake. But it was much hotter than I expected for the time of year.

I had a lovely room with a balcony overlooking the lake, and in full sun all day until about 4pm. The food was buffet, and there was plenty of choice.

We visited lots of villas and gardens round the lake, One word of warning, there were lots of steps to climb, some very steep, but the gardens were all worth the effort. Many of us thought the nicest garden was at a villa only about 100m from the hotel, so we could visit it at any time. It was so peaceful, as there were fewer visitors at this time of year.

I have to mention our lovely host, Tom. He was always friendly, knowledgeable and helpful, but never intruded if people wanted to do their own thing. Thanks to him, the atmosphere in the group was brilliant, we all got on so well.

All in all, a great holiday, and many thanks to all who encouraged me.:) My first, but certainly not my last.

Maria_19
(Member)
I did Lake Como in Sept and had a fabulous time too! Like you my room looked out over the lake which was just wonderful! My problem now is that I can't decide which to do next year..... I'm torn between Riviera Splendour, Austrian Lakes or Heart of Alpine Europe .....hmmmm decisions, decisions!
Skye
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Maria

I've booked Gems of Andalucia for next July. It looks fabulous.

HelenJ
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Maria_19' wrote:

I did Lake Como in Sept and had a fabulous time too! Like you my room looked out over the lake which was just wonderful! My problem now is that I can't decide which to do next year..... I'm torn between Riviera Splendour, Austrian Lakes or Heart of Alpine Europe .....hmmmm decisions, decisions!

Hi Maria,

I've been on 8 Justyou holidays & just come back from Italy - The Cilento Coast - simply LOVELY! Hotel in great position right by the harbour & we could walk easily in 5 minutes up to little bars & a supermarket in the pretty village. Great excursions, great hotel right on the edge of the harbour which was interesting, free wine with dinner (!) & lovely company. anyone would love this.

Helenj