Tai
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
My first time on holiday as a single person and I nearly chickened out. What a mistake that would have been. My only complaint is that the holiday was too short. Everyone in the group was really friendly and I will definitely be going away with Just You again.
jthinch
(Member)
Hi Sharon

You beat me to it but I'd certainly agree with you regarding the length of the trip and the friendliness of the group.

This was my third superb holiday to Italy with Just You following Highlights of Tuscany in September 2009 and Lake Garda (including Verona Opera) in June/July 2010. I found it a more relaxing tour than the previous two as most of the excursions were half day trips. The hotel was comfortable and the food was good with most of the staff being friendly and cheerful. The tour representative was fantastic being both friendly and knowledgable of the area as was the local guide who was with us for Pompeii and Capri. Weather was perfect for most of the trip but it was a bit parky at the top of Mount Vesuvius. The group were good company and I wouldn't mind with meeting up with any of this friendly group on a future holiday.

James[attachment=132]

ChrissieD
(Member)
This was my first holiday with Just You (Sorrento 11th -18th May 2011) and it was fabulous. I was so nervous about going on my own for the first time but I needn't have been. As soon as I arrived at Napoli and met Virginia, Sharron, Lois, James and Peter I knew I was going to have a good holiday. Bernie, our tour manager was fantastic and made me feel so welcome as soon as I arrived at the airport. The excursions were brilliant and I bought books on all the local history and knowledge - more weight to go home with!! I was even worrying about going down to dinner on my own so when Bernie suggested we all meet in the hotel lounge beforehand that was great. The group of people on my tour were very friendly and I hope to keep in touch with some of them and would love to meet up again in the future. Have spoken to Virginia a few times as she has no computer at home and have exchanged e-mails with Sheila. That was a good photo of all of us James! How I wish we could all go down the "drains" this evening!
Islander
(Member)
[ It was great to hear from some of you who went on the 11th May trip to Sorrento. Yes, it was a wonderful holiday with twenty five people who all got on so well and, as for Bernie our tour leader, she was really so helpful and full of knowledge about the country. This was my third Just You holiday and I have booked to go on the Italian Cities trip in early October. Can't wait!! Regards to you all. John.[/font][/b]