flipflop
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi,

I went to book the Best of the West Tour departing 8th August 2018 on the Travelsphere website today. Having entered my name and selected the single room option (I am travelling alone) the cost of the holiday was listed as follows:

Room type                         Single

Supplement for Room          £700

My name                            £2199

Total Price                          £3399

Could you please explain what the extra £500 is for? 

Could you also let me know how many people are booked on this trip already, the maximum number of places available and if there are any single travellers already booked. Thank you. 

Kind regards,

flipflop

Matt
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi flipflop

Apologies about this, our web guys say that there is a bug in the system that they are working quickly to sort out, it will however show you the correct price on the payment page.

There are 14 people booked with a maximum of 18, there are no single travellers at the moment. If you have any further issues, please feel free to send me an email community@justyou.co.uk and I can get the sales team to contact you.

Kind regards

Matt

flipflop
(Member) (Topic Starter)
SylviaJ
(Member)
Hi Matt

How come TS tour Best of the West has a maximum number of 18 and yet JY America's Western Wonders has a staggering 40 max? The tours follow similar programmes so doesn't seem fair to me.

Regards

Sylvia

Matt
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Sylvia

Apologies, picked up the wrong figures, the Travelsphere tour is 36, while the Just You figures on average have dropped slightly so they are now at a very similar level.

Thanks for the question.

Kind regards

Matt

Una
  • (Member)
(Member)
It would be nice if the TS site listed the single supplement on the holiday page. Even if price was dependent on the departure date, it could be put as "single supplement from ....". It's annoying having to go through some of the booking procesd before knowing if the holiday is affordable or not.
flipflop
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Matt' wrote:

Hi Sylvia

Apologies, picked up the wrong figures, the Travelsphere tour is 36, while the Just You figures on average have dropped slightly so they are now at a very similar level.

Thanks for the question.

Kind regards

Matt

Was the rest of the information correct? 14 booked out of 36. No single travellers. I'm not sure I fancy being the only single traveller on a tour. Could I please trouble you further and ask about another TS holiday? 

Unmissable China and Mighty Yangtzhe Cruise departing on 6th August 2018.

How many are booked? Maximum number of places on the tour? Are there any single travellers booked?

Thanks for your time,

flipflop

Matt
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Flipflop

There are now 25 people booked and three of them are single. For the China trip there are 21 booked out of 26 with four single travellers.

Kind regards

Matt

Matt
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Una

I have passed on your feedback regarding the single supplement.

Kind regards

Matt

00Susanna00
(Member)
'SylviaJ' wrote:

Hi Matt

How come TS tour Best of the West has a maximum number of 18 and yet JY America's Western Wonders has a staggering 40 max?  The tours follow similar programmes so doesn't seem fair to me.

Regards

Sylvia

Hi Sylvia,

I have recently returned from the May JY AWW tour, which was fully booked with 28 travellers. I don’t know whether this number is ‘normal’ now, but it was perfect. It meant that everyone had a double seat to themselves on the coach (unless they chose to share), which was very comfortable, especially on the longer journeys that feature on this particular tour.

I hope the information is helpful if you are considering this holiday.

Sue

flipflop
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Matt' wrote:

Hi Flipflop

There are now 25 people booked and three of them are single. For the China trip there are 21 booked out of 26 with four single travellers.

Kind regards

Matt

Thank you, that's very helpful.