Westacott
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi, 

I am booked onto the above holiday staying at the hotel in Mijas. There are a couple of free days with optional excursions. I have booked the trip to the Alhambra in Granada but I am unsure about the trip to Gibaraltar. Do you know if it is possible to get to Seville or Córdoba from Mijas?

Thanks

Carole

Moderator2
(Member)
Hi Carole,

There is no direct public transport route, so you will need to take a bus to Malaga and then a train or bus to Seville or Cordoba. However, this will typically take approximately 50 minutes by bus to Malaga then 1hr by train to Cordoba and possibly more than 2 or 3 hours to go to Seville, depending the connections.

I hope this helps.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

Chris84
(Member)
Hi Amy

Do you know whether there are plans or even a concept to reintroduce / reinvent the Andalucia Golden Triangle tour at some stage in the near future. I believe that included Seville and Cordoba and it is still on my to do list.

Thanks

Chris

Westacott
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Moderator2' wrote:

Hi Carole,

There is no direct public transport route, so you will need to take a bus to Malaga and then a train or bus to Seville or Cordoba. However, this will typically take approximately 50 minutes by bus to Malaga then 1hr by train to Cordoba and possibly more than 2 or 3 hours to go to Seville, depending the connections.

I hope this helps.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

Thanks Amy

Moderator2
(Member)
'Chris84' wrote:

Hi Amy

Do you know whether there are plans or even a concept to reintroduce / reinvent the Andalucia Golden Triangle tour at some stage in the near future.  I believe that included Seville and Cordoba and it is still on my to do list.

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris,

I've spoken to the Holiday Creator for this tour who has informed me that there are no current plans to reintroduce/reinvent the Andalucía Golden Triangle at some stage in the future.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

lesley07
(Member)
Hi Chris

I visited Andalusia last October with another company and this trip covered visits to Seville Cordoba Grenada and Ronda. This was also  solos holiday and I thoroughly enjoyed visiting this lovely area of Spain.

Lesley

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Carole

Seville is easier to get to from Costa de la Luz - it was included excursion when I did the Costa de la Luz trip and it still might be. Seville is beautiful. I did the Gibraltar excursion whilst on the Andalucia trip and it was worth it.

Jaya

Westacott
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi Carole

Seville is easier to get to from Costa de la Luz - it was included excursion when I did the Costa de la Luz trip and it still might be.  Seville is beautiful.  I did the Gibraltar excursion whilst on the Andalucia trip and it was worth it.

Jaya

Hi Jaya

Thanks for the info. Costa de la Luz is on my ‘to do’ list as I would like to visit Cadiz, so maybe do Seville from there another time. May reconsider Gibraltar then, just didn’t want to waste time on a grubby little port town and marauding monkeys ?

Carole

KeithMP
(Member)
'Westacott' wrote:

Hi, 

I am booked onto the above holiday staying at the hotel in Mijas. There are a couple of free days with optional excursions. I have booked the trip to the Alhambra in Granada but I am unsure about the trip to Gibaraltar. Do you know if it is possible to get to Seville or Córdoba from Mijas?

Thanks

Carole

KeithMP
(Member)
Hi Carole

I am on the trip 3rd May and have chosen to visit Gibraltar as I have not been there before and thought it good to go before the Spanish take it over after Brexit ! I am sure there is a lot to see and do in a day.

:) Keith

BGray
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Carole and Keith,

I really enjoyed the Gibraltar trip - I found it fascinating and, of course, it is unique!  On the other hand I found the Alhambra a bit underwhelming as my expectations were so high....

All the best,

Bob

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Westacott' wrote:

'Jaya' wrote:

Hi Carole

Seville is easier to get to from Costa de la Luz - it was included excursion when I did the Costa de la Luz trip and it still might be.  Seville is beautiful.  I did the Gibraltar excursion whilst on the Andalucia trip and it was worth it.

Jaya

Hi Jaya

Thanks for the info. Costa de la Luz is on my ‘to do’ list as I would like to visit Cadiz, so maybe do Seville from there another time. May reconsider Gibraltar then, just didn’t want to waste time on a grubby little port town and marauding monkeys ?

Carole

Hi Carole

Actually the marauding monkeys can be fun to watch!  Just make sure you do not have any food in your hands.  Visiting Gibraltar is an experience in itself.  If you do decide to do it, then hope you enjoy the trip.

Jaya

Chris84
(Member)
'KeithMP' wrote:

Hi Carole

I am on the trip 3rd May and have chosen to visit Gibraltar as I have not been there before and thought it good to go before the Spanish take it over after Brexit ! I am sure there is a lot to see and do in a day.

:) Keith

One week to go....  :cool:

intrepid traveller
(Member)
I have been to Gibraltar and loved it. Lots to see and do. No way is it a grubby little port with a few monkeys.  Would encourage anyone on the Mijas holiday to grab the opportunity to enjoy Gibralta.
Chris84
(Member)
Hi Vickie

Returned from this trip last week. I was wondering what has happened to the Welcome home package I normally get for review and the voucher which I intend to use soon.

Thanks

Chris

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Chris,

Sorry for the delay, I just had to check with the team. Your vouchers are on the way, they're sent second class so can sometimes take a little longer to arrive, but they have been sent.

Thanks,

Vickie

Chris84
(Member)
Hi Vickie

Thank you for finding out. Though I fear I may not receive them, as I will be changing address over the weekend. Fingers crossed it arrives tomorrow,

Kindest regards

Chris

SarahS
(Member)
Monkeys and port apart, Gibraltar is great for duty free shopping.