Willpower
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi 

I am seriously considering booking this tour for May 2018 and was curious as to the content and arrangements for the Hong Kong add on element. 

I can see nothing of any detail on the Japan Revealed;  Hong Kong add on page to help.  

What is the itinerary provided for the add on ?  And what are the travel arrangements ?

I have previously been on and thoroughly enjoyed 3 JY tours, the last one to Peru in June this year. So This looks like my next adventure, but I could do with a bit more information.  🙂

And as a last question, I know it's a bit early, but are there any others booked on this tour at the moment

Thank you

Willpower

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon Willpower,

Please see below for information about the Hong Kong Add On:

Day 12: Hong Kong

Victoria Peak is a unique viewing platform reached by funicular railway. We'll take it in during our half-day city tour this morning. Perched high in the hills, this exclusive area of the city offers unrivalled views of Hong Kong. We'll also visit Aberdeen Harbour, with its many traditional fishing vessels, decked out with colourful sails.

Stanley Market, overlooking the water, is also on our sightseeing list - this thriving waterside market is a wonderful place to mingle with the locals. This evening, explore Hong Kong further at your leisure. You won't want to miss the sight of the nightly 8pm laser lightshow, offering unparalleled views of the glittering, illuminated skyscrapers of Hong Kong Island

Day 13: Hong Kong

Today day is at leisure for you to explore the many amazing sites Hong Kong has to offer, or you can join us on our optional Excursion to Lantau Island, Lantau is the largest of Hong Kong's islands located at the mouth of the Pearl River and is almost double the size of Hong Kong Island. Most of the island remains largely rural and unspoiled. The island is dominated by dramatic hills and peaks and spectacular scenery, with picturesque coastline, excellent beaches, temples, monasteries and traditional fishing villages.

This evening, join our included Harbour by Night tour, which includes a stop at the buzzing, atmospheric Temple Street night market. Then it's time to bid farewell to your travelling companions in style, with dinner followed by a cruise around the Harbour, and including drinks at The Peak, the highest point on Hong Kong island.

Day 14: Hong Kong to UK

Transfer to the airport today for your flight back to the UK.​

I can tell you that 8 travellers are currently booked onto this tour. 2 are male and 6 are female. The ages range between early 60s - mid 70s.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
I can recommend Lantau Island! I enjoyed it.

Victoria Peak ....As for the views unfortunaly our stop off to HKG en route to NZ was hampered by weather conditions, I am sure they were lovely ..

Cindy

Willpower
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you Amy. A couple more questions.

Which hotel in Hong Kong is allocated for this and what is the board situation. B&B or B&B + evening meal ? I'm thinking funds, do we need to be prepared for buying our own meals ?

I am guessing that we would be met by a representative at the Airport upon landing from Japan and finally would we be flying back to UK with Cathy Pacific on day 14 ?

Sorry to ask so many questions, but the information is not readily available.

Thank you

Willpower

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon Willpower,

The Kowloon Hotel in Hong Kong will be allocated for the add-on.

The board basis is on a bed and breakfast basis and 2 dinner in resort – This is will be on Day 2 and Day 4. You will need to provide your own lunch and dinner on Day 3.

You will be met by an airport representative in Japan.

TM Alison Bissett will fly out and return with the group.

You will be flying back to the UK with Cathy Pacific on day 14.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

AlanE
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hong Kong is well worth it, cost wise it is very inexpensive as you can spend as much or as little as you like. You'll like Alison Bissett, she's very laid back and the local tour guide is brilliant.

Alan

Willpower
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thank you Amy,

I'm sorry to be a pain, but it worries me that there are two Kowloon Hotels in Hong Kong.

1. The Kowloon Hotel : 19-21 Nathan Road, Tsimshatsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong

2. Kowloon Hotel  :    SUN HING BUILDING, 25/F, 2501, Mong Kok,  Hong Kong

They are vastly different standards. Could you clarify please.  

Also I understand that the TM will fly to Japan with us, but would assume that she would continue back to UK on completion of the Japanese leg of the holiday.  My question was would we be met in Hong Kong for transport to the Hong Kong hotel and subsequent itinerary, by a local guide ?

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Morning Willpower,

I can tell you that The Kowloon Hotel has the following address: 19-21 Nathan Road, Tsimshatsui, Kowloon, Hong Kong.

The TM will fly out and return with the group back to the UK. You will be met by a local agent who will travel with the group to Hong Kong.

Kind Regards,

Amy

TimH
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Willpower' wrote:

Hi 

I am seriously considering booking this tour for May 2018 and was curious as to the content and arrangements for the Hong Kong add on element. 

I can see nothing of any detail on the Japan Revealed;  Hong Kong add on page to help.  

What is the itinerary provided for the add on ?  And what are the travel arrangements ?

I have previously been on and thoroughly enjoyed 3 JY tours, the last one to Peru in June this year. So This looks like my next adventure, but I could do with a bit more information.  🙂

And as a last question, I know it's a bit early, but are there any others booked on this tour at the moment

Thank you

Willpower

Hi

I did this tour back in 2015 (and was on your June 2017 tour to Peru) Japan is amazing and if you are lucky enough to have Sarah Wrightson as your tour manager (with her balloon) you will have a great experience.  I did the Hong Kong add on but unfortunately we had a pretty pour tour manager for that part of the tour but that said it is still a great experience.

In Japan you get the chance to try so many different flavour ice creams and the food is amazing.

The museum at Hiroshima is very moving but is a must to visit, in Kyoto you must try okonomiyaki.

Have a great christmas

Tim

Willpower
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Tim

Great to hear from you and thank you so much for this information.  As I understand it my TM is Alison Bissett, but I'm sure she will be every bit as good as your TM.  

I'm really looking forward to this trip, I imagine it will be vastly different to Peru. Not really the same league as the Yaguar tribe village 😉 .   

Hope you have a wonderful festive season too.  

Regards

Willpower 🙂

Willpower
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi.

As the date is fast approaching and by now the balances have probably been paid, I wonder if you could let me know the tour demographics for both the main tour and the Hong Kong add on.

Getting excited now 🙂

Thank you

Willpower

Moderator2
(Member)
Hi Willpower,

I can tell you that 9 travelers are booked on the main tour. 1 is male and 8 are female. The ages range between early 50s - late 60s.

15 travelers are booked on the Hong Kong add-on. 4 are male and 11 are female. The ages range between early 50s - mid 70s (however, my screen isn't pulling through all these age ranges).

Kindest Regards,

Amy

Riversdale
(Member)
'‘Hi,' wrote:

I am booked on the April 18 Japan Revealed with Hong Kong Add on which I am really looking forward to. For info on the Hong Kong Add on if you look on P24 of the brochure you can read up on the details of the tour.  Regards Jill

Willpower
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Jill

Thanks for the info. Strangely, despite the fact that I have travelled numerous times with JY since 2010, even though I have asked, I have never been sent a brochure. 🙂

Moderator2
(Member)
Hi Willpower,

I have requested that a JY brochure is sent out to you.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

Willpower
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Just 3 weeks to go now  🙂 🙂   Getting excited. 

Can you update me on the demographics for this tour please ?

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Willpower,

Glad you're excited, hope you have an amazing trip!

Sure, there are 16 people booked on, 4 men and 12 women. Their ages range from early fifties to early seventies.

Thanks,

Vickie

Willpower
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Thanks Vickie Congratulations and welcome to your new position.

Could you tell me how many are on the Hong Kong Add on ?

Thanks

Vickie
(Member)
Hi Willpower,

Thank you! 🙂

Sure, there are 16 people on the add-on, their ages range from early fifties to early seventies and there are 4 men and 12 women.

Thanks,

Vickie

Willpower
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Vickie,

So are you saying that every single person on the tour, reference your previous answer, is also doing the Add on? How unusual.