BGray
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi all, 

As many of you know there have been a number of complaints on the forum in recent times regarding various aspects of JY's business - from confusion over the launch of new tours, to some disappointments while on tour, to aspects of customer care.  I have been a huge fan of JY since 2010 and have taken 20 holidays with the company since then; however in recent times I had become quite frustrated and annoyed over a number of different things.  You may have noticed that I've been quite vocal about them!

I just wanted to let you know that I received a phone call from Nicole Mason, marketing director, this afternoon and we spoke for an hour.  She listened patiently as I explained my various difficulties and was extremely honest and open, which I really appreciated.  I can't really go into detail (it would take much too long!), but I just wanted to let my fellow travellers know that I was extremely pleased with all that she told me and she has put my mind at rest that the points I raised will be followed up and acted upon.  She said that as part of G Adventures, the company will be looking at all aspects of the business in the coming months and will be making some interesting and positive changes so I guess we'll have to watch this space!

A much happier,

Bob

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bob

That is good to know. Hopefully there will be a statement on the Forum shortly to put all JY's customers in the picture.

Regards

Jellifer
(Member)
Great to hear, thanks for letting us know.
AbbaDave
(Member)
Hi Bob

That's great news, good to see you back

see you in around 11 days time

all the best

Dave

nixon
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thank you for sharing Bob, as Jonah has said it would be much appreciated if JY would actually put out a public statement to reassure us the customers.

Cindy

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi again,

Many thanks for the replies - I've received quite a few by email as well!  Rose, thank you for your very kind words and I'm really glad I encouraged you to take the plunge...despite some serious frustrations recently I'm very glad I discovered JY and have had so many great holidays over the years.  

Hi Dave, see you very soon!

All the best,

Bob

Angela Bingham
(Member)
Good news Bob, thanks for telling us.

Kind regards

Ange

SarahS
(Member)
Good to hear that Bob, but a great shame that there  have been no public replies to all of the concerns raised recently. I have totally lost confidence in JY, and have booked my first three holidays of 2018 elsewhere. From comments on this forum, I don't image mine is the only lost custom.  Before the recent  spate of adverse comments, I had already formed the impression from two holidays with JY that too many corners were being cut, and standards were slipping.
Angie S
(Member)
Great Bob. 

Thanks for letting us all know and that we can hope for better. JY has allowed me to do things I never could have imagined. I can look forward to the future.

Angie

Bosuncat
(Member)
Thanks Bob!  So pleased you got a decent reply! 🙂
SarahS
(Member)
I posted yesterday on this thread, stating my disappointment that JY had not issued a public (Management led),response to all of the  issues raised recently.  With the greatest respect, Bob is, albeit a loyal one, just one customer.  On two occaisions this year having made complaints about aspects of JY holidays, I have only once received a reply, and that merely thanked me for my comments which had been noted.  Moderator, my previous post has not been posted, and,  I don't expect this to be posted either. Please however pass this to your customer service team.
SarahS
(Member)
Great for Bob, but other customers are still,waiting for "a decent reply"
Moderator2
(Member)
To all our Just You Community Members

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for all of your comments in regards to Just You. We are listening and we have taken on board all that has been said. Since we were acquired by our new owner our focus has firmly been to ensure that we are putting together the best holiday experience for each and every one of you.

We are in the process of rolling out some changes to Just You that I am sure you will all appreciate, it is a little too early for me to go into details at this stage.

Please keep sending in your comments as they really do help us to improve Just You for all of our valued and loyal customers.

All the best

Nicole

Nicole Mason

Marketing Director

BGray
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Nicole,

Many thanks for your comments - many of us have been hoping that a statement would be made by a senior member of staff and I hope that, further to my own comments, that it will help to reassure those who have been concerned and disappointed in recent times.

Best wishes,

Bob

Bosuncat
(Member)
Thank you for this Nicole, but SarahS is not the only one that is waiting for replies to posts, and it is so frustrating. 

I have been waiting since the Secret Slovenia trip was first announced to get full information on the trip.  Whilst appreciating what details Amy HAS been able to give me it is almost as though JY has set this one up to fail.  First of all it took over 2 weeks for any details at all to come on the website, and the information is still not complete (no hotel details).  I sent a post nearly 2 weeks ago now asking for more information (still not received, and the post seems to have disappeared into the ether).  I have explained many times that a lot of us have to book or make arrangements very far in advance to be able to get dates that we require.  That is why I am still, and will continue to be annoyed, at the arbitrary decision  by JY to discontinue the full September brochure.  People who work, and since the age group for JY seems to be dropping, this is a lot of people, cannot drop everything to book at the last minute. 

I want to book the tour so much, and have made firm arrangements to accommodate the date, but now I have found out from Amy that now there are only 3 dates running on the tour I am very concerned that it will not run at all.  And this without full information on the website.  :s

SarahS
(Member)
jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Thanks Nicole

I look forward to hearing about the changes in due course.

Smiler57
(Member)
Pleased you got a reply although it doesn't seem to have made much difference to the service we are receiving from Just You who haven't replied to my 2 requests for information on Christmas holidays.

Perhaps they would prefer me to spend my money elsewhere ?

jintzky
(Member)
re standards slipping with JY - I would concur with this as would a friend of mine who has taken many holidays recently with JY. Basic things like - not being met at airport, a travel "guide" instead of a travel manager, food in hotels not being up to standard (obviously cutting corners!) I have written to customer service who say "they are looking into this" but I am pursuing to get proper answers......I am afraid I may be taking my custom elsewhere next year as will many others......
Chaz65
(Member)
Further to the comments I made regarding my first holiday with JY - I did receive a letter from JY with an apology of sorts - but not in my view really addressing the issues I raised. I have responded tonight. Although Bob you feel reassured having had an hour long conversation with Nicole the Marketing Director - I do not share this view from the letter I have received. As such in my response tonight I have suggested Nicole may wish to pick up the phone to me....

Obviously there may be a view that "we have already lost the new customers so we need to protect our long standing loyal customers" and to a certain extent I understand this - but surely this is not sustainable over the long period?