Bosuncat
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
OK, just got my new Inspirations brochure this morning.  I'm only giving one thing away because JY have listened to me!!  😃   When are the dates going to be up for next year please?  I have deliberately held off from booking anything and am desperate to know!  Is it worthwhile me ringing CS?
Julia
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Bosuncat,

We do try to take on board our travellers comments and feedback.

The holiday creator looking after this tour is on annual leave until Monday so I can't find out the on-sale date until she returns. I can tell you that the provisional dates in the system are early June, early July, and then two dates in September (mid & late September).

Kindest regards,

Julia

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Julia' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat,

The holiday creator looking after this tour is on annual leave until Monday so I can't find out the on-sale date until she returns. I can tell you that the provisional dates in the system are early June, early July, and then two dates in September (mid & late September).

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thanks Julia.  I shall have to possess my soul in patience then, and hope that the September dates at the cattery haven't gone by then.  :s   Have you any idea on departure airport then please, and also the hotel being used?  I know the resort, although it has been many years since I have been there.

Moderator2
(Member)
'Bosuncat' wrote:

'Julia' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat,

Kindest regards,

Julia

Thanks Julia.  I shall have to possess my soul in patience then, and hope that the September dates at the cattery haven't gone by then.  :s   Have you any idea on departure airport then please, and also the hotel being used?  I know the resort, although it has been many years since I have been there.

Hi Bosuncat,

Departure dates for this tour show as the 15th and 22nd September, with flights currently being listed from Luton.

The hotel that is currently being used is the Hotel Kompas.

Kind Regards,

Amy  

Moderator2
(Member)
'Moderator2' wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

'Julia' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat,

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi Bosuncat,

Departure dates for this tour show as the 15th and 22nd September, with flights currently being listed from Luton.

The hotel that is currently being used is the Hotel Kompas.

Kind Regards,

Amy 

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Moderator2' wrote:

'Moderator2' wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

'Julia' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat,

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi Bosuncat,

Kind Regards,

Amy 

Thank you Amy!

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Moderator2' wrote:

'Moderator2' wrote:

'Bosuncat' wrote:

'Julia' wrote:

Hi Bosuncat,

Kindest regards,

Julia

Hi Bosuncat,

Kind Regards,

Amy 

Which airline please Amy?   I can only find direct flights with Wizz Air to either Lublijana or Zagreb from Luton, unless a flight to Salzburg is planned?  To be honest there is not a lot of difference transfer time on any of these.

I knew already that JY were planning to use the Kompas.  I only went in a few times for meetings, and have never stayed there.  It's nice to see it is still going strong.

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Morning Bosuncat,

The airline that we have on our system is Wizz Air.

Kind Regards,

Amy

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Moderator2' wrote:

Good Morning Bosuncat,

The airline that we have on our system is Wizz Air.

Kind Regards,

Amy

And which airport are they flying into please?  I am sorry to keep asking all these questions, but I feel as though I am working blind without the tour being on the website and not having an itinerary.  :s

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon Bosuncat,

Wizz Air will be flying into Ljubljana Jože Pučnik Airport (LJU) in Slovenia.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Moderator2' wrote:

Good Afternoon Bosuncat,

Wizz Air will be flying into Ljubljana Jože Pučnik Airport (LJU) in Slovenia.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

Thanks Amy.

As I have already indicated I am booking nothing until I have seen a proper itinerary and seen the tour online.

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Slovenia is on my list and it is great to know that the flight is from Luton - a 10-15 minute journey to the airport from home for me.

Regards

Jaya

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jaya' wrote:

Slovenia is on my list and it is great to know that the flight is from Luton - a 10-15 minute journey to the airport from home for me.  

Regards

Jaya

One thing for me on it Jaya, is that I can get a train direct from Nottingham to Luton Airport Parkway. ::) No good for an early morning flight though. 

Still waiting for it to show on the website before I will book.

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Elaine

It is good to know that you can get a train directly to Luton Airport Parkway - do be aware that you have to take a bus from Luton Parkway to the Airport. The transfer used to be free but I think they now charge £1 or £2. They are frequent. This is why I like Gatwick as I can get a direct train from Luton!

Regards

Jaya

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi Elaine

It is good to know that you can get a train directly to Luton Airport Parkway - do be aware that you have to take a bus from Luton Parkway to the Airport.  The transfer used to be free but I think they now charge £1 or £2.  They are frequent.  This is why I like Gatwick as I can get a direct train from Luton!

Regards

Jaya

I have checked on Trainline,  Jaya, and the train cost can include the shuttle bus which is good. 

As a matter of interest can you recommend any overnight (reasonable cost!) hotels near the airport please?

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi Amy.

So I see the holiday is finally on the website! 🙂   I have a bit more research to do over the next couple of days, and then hopefully I will be making my mind up one way or the other.

Incidentally, the itinerary has certainly been worth waiting for.  In 3 previous visits to Slovenia/Yugoslavia,  I have not touched quite a lot of what is on it.  My congratulations to the Holiday Creator. 

As a matter of interest, (and I know it's probably way too early to say), is the tour likely to have just a local TM, or somebody coming over from the UK plus a local guide?  Mark Harbidge who was our TM on the first 2014 Slovenia tour was excellent.  🙂

Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon Bosuncat,

I can assure that you will be notified about who your TM will be approximately 12 weeks prior to your departure date.

Kindest Regards,

Amy

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Elaine

There are a couple of hotels near the Airport. If I remember correctly one is the IBIS and there may be a Holiday Inn as well. Perhaps worth googling to see what is on offer?

Regards

Jaya

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Jaya' wrote:

Hi Elaine

There are a couple of hotels near the Airport.  If I remember correctly one is the IBIS and there may be a Holiday Inn as well.  Perhaps worth googling to see what is on offer?  

Regards

Jaya

Many thanks Jaya.  As and when I do decide to book I shall look further.  I see there is a P.I near the airport as well.  It's whether the very early flight time makes it worthwhile booking a hotel or not.  Plenty of time to decide.

Bosuncat
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi again Amy.

A few questions for you I am afraid.  If you could pass them on to the relevant department and then get back to me I would be grateful. :)

Transfer time from the airport to the hotel.  I am estimating  2 hours?

As the hotel information is not yet on the website would you be able to clarify the following things for me please?

Is the room safe free of charge?

Do the rooms that are going to be allocated to JY guests have walk in showers or shower over tub?  If the latter only, is it possible to specify walk in shower please?  Likewise do the rooms have balconies?  Will there be an extra charge for mountain view with balcony? 

Is there a charge for the use of the indoor pool to guests at the hotel?

From reading TA reviews (which are fairly positive), there seems to be a bit of an issue with jugs of tap water not being allowed by the restaurant manager during the evening meal.  In fact any drinks bought in from outside the restaurant (ie from the bar).  This was an issue at the original hotel in Cavtat last year, and took some time to sort out.  It would be nice, albeit it being a small thing, for the T.M allocated to be aware of in advance. 

Many thanks.