Joolsg
  • (Member) (Topic Starter)
(Member) (Topic Starter)
Hi ,  can you advise best  currency to take to India please? Thank you
Moderator2
(Member)
Good Afternoon Joolsg,

Sadly you cannot take rupees from the UK to India but your tour manager will be able to direct you somewhere where you can change your currency.

Kind Regards,

Amy

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Hi Joolsg

Check the exchange rate on Google but usually USD

Joolsg
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'Moderator2' wrote:

Good Afternoon Joolsg,

Sadly you cannot take rupees from the UK to India but your tour manager will be able to direct you somewhere where you can change your currency.

Kind Regards,

Amy

Hi, Yes I know that thank you, the best currency to take being GBP or USD but someone else has kindly helped me

Joolsg
(Member) (Topic Starter)
'jonah' wrote:

Hi Joolsg

Thank you, so USD is better than GBP ?

jonah
  • (Member)
(Member)
Yes because you can often use USD in the airport or some cities but not GBP
RogertheRed
(Member)
'Joolsg' wrote:

'jonah' wrote:

Hi Joolsg

Thank you, so USD is better than GBP ?

Not necessarily so unless you are already holding dollars maybe but if not you'll be paying exchange rates twice, once sterling into dollars and then dollars into rupees.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Roger

Jaya
  • (Member)
(Member)
I was able to get Rupees from Moneycorp when I went to Kerala despite Rupees being a 'closed' currency and somehow I managed to bring back 250 Rupees back with me! I only got £100 worth of Rupees from Moneycorp and exchanged the rest when we got there. The Tour Manager and the local guide arranged for someone to come to the hotel with a load of Rupees and we all got what we needed from him.

Regards

Jaya

cw28
  • (Member)
(Member)
'Moderator2' wrote:

Good Afternoon Joolsg,

Kind Regards,

Amy

I contacted CES currency bureau ,they say they can provide Rupees and you can take them to India.

Rascall
(Member)
'cw28' wrote:

'Moderator2' wrote:

Good Afternoon Joolsg,

Kind Regards,

Amy

I contacted CES currency bureau ,they say they can provide Rupees and you can take them to India.

Hi I phoned my local post office (in Jersey) to ask if they sell rupees and they said yes if I ordered them but only 2000 rupee notes which is roughly £22 and not smaller amounts. I think I will just take GBP and maybe get rupees there as I wont need much as everything is included in the price we have paid apart from a little shopping etc.The banks charge now every time you use your cards so dont want to be using them. Any thoughts?